Honored Contributor

Re: What do you do, when you can work in some "me time"?

@insomniac wrote:

I read.

Me too.  But I need to diversify my materials in order to keep up with your extensive trivia knowledge.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Reading, Shopping, Catching up with Girlfriends, date night with hubby,etc......

Esteemed Contributor

I like going for a walk in the woods. I find it peaceful and renewing. I enjoy listening to the birds, the water trickling down the stream, seeing the sunlight through the trees and catching rare glimpses of wildlife – herons, deer, fox and turtles. I would spend all day there if I could. It’s my escape.

Respected Contributor

When I foresee a few days together away from work, I like to plan a trip.  Planning is almost more fun that travelling for me, but aside from airplanes and security screenings, the journey is a stress-buster, too. 

Shorter term, my me-treats are a nice sweaty workout at the gym, playing Lumosity games on the computer, and (alas) shopping online.  If bargain hunting and shopping were Olympic sports, I would have a string of gold medals. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Not having children , even when I was working, I have always been able to find time for myself. Now I am retired it is even simpler. I love to sew and embroider and spend a lot of time in my sewing room as well as at my sewing club. This summer my DH and I have gotten into genealogy as well and this is something we do together. We spent a lot of time over the summer wandering around cemeteries. Not a bad thing to do - outside in the nice weather and getting some exercise, esp. in Pittsburgh where most cemeteries are on hillsides so there is a lot of exertion involved. Sometimes the view of the city from these cemetaries is amazing, as Pittsburgh is a beautiful city.

@151949

My mom is from Washington PA, and you are so right about the views from cemeteries in that area.

I think some of the most beautiful cemeteries are in PA. The hills that many are founded on have views for miles and miles. Many are very old, and full of the most interesting headstones, as well as lots of mature trees. And the deer in the cemeteries in that area are so numerous and very tame. They kind of wander through like dogs in a park. 

Quite and experience to spend time there.

Respected Contributor

I'm retired and have quite a bit of me time.  I do work part-time (20 hrs a week) which is good, but I also love to read.  I spend some time on these boards and I read web pages like CNN, Huffington Post, Politico, etc.  I also volunteer two afternoons and try to work in some exercize.

That's pretty much it

Valued Contributor

I get a monthly massage, pedicure, practice yoga and pilates and walk.My hubby and I have a weekly date night. We need it, because we babysit our grands a lot, which we enjoy immensely!

Trusted Contributor

Get a massage, a facial, a mani & pedi, read, cook, get together with girlfriends for lunch and/or dinner (3-4 times a month), walk on the beach

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sleep late (I'm a night time girl), and grab a girl friend to go to lunch with.  Working full time in a major dept. store, it's only two days a week!  I love my girl friend time if their schedules are similar to mine!

Honored Contributor

I go to exercise classes, or l walk around the neighborhood or mall while listening to my favorite lively songs on my iPod.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~