Honored Contributor

Re: 🏡 What do you do to create “joyous” home environment?🏡

@faeriemoon

He likes the whole enchilada, Kingston.

When I'm not calling him "Spoiled Rotten Boy", that is! LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

We used to call our puppies SRPs...lovingly.

and our DD

“Spoiled Rotten Puppy” SRP❤️💙

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Home is where your pets are. That's my credo. 

Trusted Contributor

For me, a joyous home is a peaceful, clean, and attractive home.  I try and think before I speak, and I try to not "create" drama, fights and bad feelings.    It's me and hubby and 
HIS cat and that is joyous to ME.  WHen I leave work and have the long train/bus commute home...........it is nice to just come home to peace and quiet.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Valued Contributor

By keeping Toxic people out who only bring drama to my home and life. 

Super Contributor

@StephaniM wrote:

Music and lots of light

Yes, music is so uplifting. Or saddening, or joyful depending on which is selected and my thoughts about it. Dancing around my house to my favorite music makes me very happy. Bouncing along in my car with the volume turned up to sonic blast gives me joy!

Light and big windows and lots of them are a requisite in all my homes.

Honored Contributor

We both have a sense of humor.

Honored Contributor

@threecees@Thanks for the very loud and long LOL,LOL.I like the idea of mug shots...I picture mug at the shore,mug pumpkin picking,mug gift closet(for some) and so much more.I used ro think mug shots were for felons.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Such a good and thoughtful thread.

I think some people could feel less anxious/ stressed, etc. if they worked on their home environments more to focus on including things that bring joy. Does not have to cost much! Can be done on most any budget. Plants, lighting (especially at this time of year!), scent, art and personal framed photos, color and texture all help. Cleaning and decluttering are no cost. Thrift stores are a treasure trove and are presently full of goodies as people watch Netflix Marie Kondo series and part with furnishings and decor items that do not work in their homes, but may well "bring joy" to yours.

I learned years ago as others have mentioned here: no one walks through the door of my home who brings a negative energy. Conversely, a person in need is always welcome and coffee and something to eat are always ready to share.

@queendiva

ITA with you.  Our home is filled with old, leftover, family items, fleamkt., estate sale, etc. pieces picked up over the years.  We’ve loved them, cleaned, and polished them, recovered, but did NOT over restore them.  It is very eclectic, noting is matchy, but it works because it has an overarching theme of things that speak to us.  

A much loved cousin, was sitting at the fireplace, looking around recently, she said, ‘ I love your home, it feels so safe, and comfortable, each item looks loved, as if you searched for it, and gave it exactly the place it belongs, it looks like you, it looks like home.’

We were so flattered, it brought tears to my eyes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

thank you everybody!

I love all of your thoughts...including light (even in winter); fur/feather babies/candles/invited and not invited guests/and mug shots (that’s hilarious!)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~