Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 🏡 What do you do to create “joyous” home environment?🏡

Good food and stimulating conversation.

Respected Contributor

I find joy in a clean and ordered home.....lots of pillows, candles and fresh flowers are my favorites. Also, books.....I have them in every room except the bathrooms.

Love good food cooking, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Keeping a clean, uncluttered and organized home helps a lot to bring me joy.

Each room must be decorated in a way that makes me feel proud, peaceful and happy! 

I am working on the last room that needs my touch. Saved the most difficult and important room for last: the kitchen. Getting it together now and plan to get the reno underway in about 3 weeks. Can't wait! A small-ish job and budget, but a big change and improvement.

Most important must have to create my joyous home enviornment on a daily basis-

my dog.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1

This dog brings all of our family members joy since we've gotten her. Meet Meadow.😊20190108_194430.jpg

Honored Contributor

@threecees

Oh, hi! Meadow!

what a love ❤️ 💕 💗 

I can see that you and yours will have many unforgettable hours of joyous devotion!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

lots of things...... but this frame has photos of GS and DS & our old photos

Life Made 10" Wi-Fi Touchscreen Photo Frame

it was priced better on HSN than Amazon

Honored Contributor

Had to ask DH how to answer this one. He said we don't spend time arguing, I put out cute seasonal decorations, and while the house is tidy, I put comfort over looks.

I pretty much agree with that.

Esteemed Contributor

Tidy home, tasteful decor. Careful not to raise voices, except for laughter. A net for people in need. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildlifewitch wrote:

Candles, fairy lights, incense and white sage when it gets intense. I take in my partial water/tree view from my condo with my morning coffee.I have a precious kittie. I avoid letting negative people in my home when I can easily control it.I believe in feng shui as well.I have throws all  over. It's comfy here.

@wildlifewitch

I ‘get’ you.  I have studied feng shui and have incorporated a bit into our home, wish I knew more.  It is so logical to me. Our home was built to face SE.

At the start of our relationship we agreed that Home was our safe place, only loved ones, and close friends are invited.  Any work, or public entertaining we do is done away from home.

*** Edited for spelling ... again

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I keep the house free of clutter.  Decor fits the season.  The furniture in the living area is comfy and inviting.