Honored Contributor

What do you call those little video snapshots

That are about 10 to 15 seconds long?  I am speaking of those little videos that repeat themselves over and over?.  Posters sometimes put them on their threads, and I love them!   I do not know what they are called to search for them.  hanging head low in shame.  Every description I put into search engine yeilds nothing.

Thanks for the help

Shoe

Respected Contributor

Re: What do you call those little video snapshots

@shoekitty wrote:

That are about 10 to 15 seconds long?  I am speaking of those little videos that repeat themselves over and over?.  Posters sometimes put them on their threads, and I love them!   I do not know what they are called to search for them.  hanging head low in shame.  Every description I put into search engine yeilds nothing.

Thanks for the help

Shoe

I just call them a looping animation.............but I make the ones I use....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

Do you mean a vine?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Thanks for the help

Shoe

gifs

I teach - what's your superpower?
Regular Contributor

Shoekitty, it's called a gif 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Respected Contributor

@brownponytail80 wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

Thanks for the help

Shoe

gifs

if she want's it moving, it needs to be an anamation file............if it repeats and just doesn't play one time, it's a looping animation file....................raven

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A86.JyiuYLRV6F4ACXYnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTE0bWptYTl2BGNvbG8...

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

SK, check out Vine.  They are about 10 to 15 seconds long.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone, I knew I could count on you.  It worked . 

Raven, the key, "looping animation" and then I add the subject worked.  Also, the gif works too, but more selections show up with looping animation.

Noel I could be wrong, but vines are a compilation of looping animations....most of the time. I thought vthey were vines as well.  That is what I was searching . I did find a couple 10 second ones, but most "vines" I found were 30 mins of 10 second videos. Again, I am not sure if I am totally correct.

Now what in the world does gif stand for?  LOL!  Been wracking my low tech mind on that one.

Thanks again!

Shoe

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

CAT TOYS

DID IT!  THANKS!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've heard many on TV refer to them as "sound bytes".

hckynut(john)