Honored Contributor

Re: What did you think was cool then....

@twinny70 

Congratulations on your 50th!  We celebrated our 50th last July.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVE these kinds of threads. This was my bat mitzvah dress from the cover of Seventeen magazine--NOT ME. Oh, I had matching purple shoes!

4687715805_03d0107962_b.jpg

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Did anyone else wear their boyfriends ring with mohair wrapped around it to keep it on?

@jubilant Most definitely!! And you would change the color of the wrap to match your outfit,right? 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had the tent dress with the single inverted

Pleat in the front,  in a bright multi floral print.

Oh and yes, ...the white lipstick that my Dad

called  the" warmed over death" look.

Also, too much black eye liner. 🤪

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness - where do I begin????? I loved fashion so much way back when --- well, always have, but back when I was young, I got Seventeen magazine and all the teenage magazines and loved the hippy chick look, the Carnaby look, etc.  

I used to wear this brilliant blue glowing aqua eye shadow and my mother would just cringe when I wore it!  She'd say --- go take that off --- it's terrible!  It was in this little metal box that looked like a paint box with various other colors and came with a little paint brush and you would use water to apply it!  HA!  I actually wore it one of my class pictures.  I looked dreadful!  Combine it with my pale pink, cotton candy frosted lipstick!  Eeeeck!  I I thought I was the bomb!!!

Of course, then the mini skirts were out and I was thin and fit and had legs for miles, so I was good to go!  Then, the big platform shoes!  I remember once I had on a really short mini and a pair of those and I fell down an outdoor flight of stairs in the middle of our small town and what a show that was!  And don't forget the hot pants!!! 

And then there were the huge elephant leg pants with the waistline that came way down below the navel barely covering the goods, and we wore halter tops all the time!!!  Or in winter, we wore the skin tight body suits with the pants!

Then came the midi dresses and coats and the John Lennon wire rim glasses!  

My hair was down to my waist, I had a brown suede belt with gold studded Peace symbols and fringe all over it, tie-dye shirts, huge hoop earrings, rings on every finger, and wore about 20 bracelets on each arm!

This will give you a taste of what my poor Mom had to put up with!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I was cool then and I still think its cool.  I just cant wear any of it today since my body has spread.  I do however own some bell bottom jeans (flares in todays world) and wear them.

My most favorite thing to wear was my sandals.  At that time I only owned 1 pair and of course could only wear them in the summer.  In the 60's I wore them every summer till they finally wore thru the sole.  I was heart broken.  I dont remember what kind they were only that I loved them I felt really hip when wearing them.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

Did anyone else wear their boyfriends ring with mohair wrapped around it to keep it on?

@jubilant Most definitely!! And you would change the color of the wrap to match your outfit,right? 

...........RIGHT!

Respected Contributor

I loved everything I wore in the 60"s- mini skirts, bell bottoms, fringed purse, coat and belt. I also had a floor length winter cape in black. I had shoulder length frizzy hair that I would iron or straighten which would burn my scalp. Something that shouldn't come back is the wig hat. Anyone have or remember those?

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@jubilant  I don't regret much except windowpane stockings. What were we thinking??

OIP.jpg

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@jubilant  I don't regret much except windowpane stockings. What were we thinking??

OIP.jpg

I loved those and fishnets!! LOL

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Wrapped yarn around the band or melted wax in the top of it.