Respected Contributor

Re: What did you notice first about DH/SO?

I first noticed him by his cologne!  I was a swing manager at McDonalds and we hired this new kid (I am four years older), I noticed every time he came in to work, he smelled so nice.  He always treated me very nicely.  I was dating another younger guy who worked there (we dated four years), the minute I finally broke up with that loser, DH called my house to ask me out.  He said he waited four years for me!  

This May will be 34 wonderful years!  And I have often said on these threads that my heart still flutters when he walks into the room

Great thread, OP!  Have a great weekend all !

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

We met at work.DH was hired 3 weeks before me. I was engaged to a rich guy who promised me the world.DH & I became friends.There was an undeniable attraction between us.There was something about his big brown eyes & warm smile.

One day DH said to me that he couldn’t compete with the other guys bank account but wanted to be with me since we first met.I broke up with the other guy.Never looked back.

DH & I will be married 39 years this year. He kept every promise he’s ever made me.He is my BFF, my confidant & the absolute love of my life!! When we got married we had no money. DH has worked hard to move up to management. He has given me & our son more than I ever imagined. I’m very blessed.

Regular Contributor

He was/is a customer at my job. I honestly didn't like him at first, i dont even know how it started but i began to look forward to seeing him every Friday and after about 3 months i slipped him my number and he called me the next day. We have been married for almost 6 years Heart I believe it was meant to be because i had put in my notice at my job but my manager talked me into transferring to a different location and that is where i met him.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful pale blue eyes and thick white hair.