Honored Contributor

Re: What did you notice first about DH/SO?

What won me over with my dh was, after our first date, when he walked me to the door to say goodbye, he kissed my cheek. Heart My heart melted. We''ve been together for 44 years.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

His blue eyes.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

i am not sure just exactly what drew me to him.

he walked into the room and that was it, love at first sight. we have been together since 51 yrs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was engaged to another man when I met "him" at work. His smile, his sense of humor are what attracted me to him.  We were both going to the same school; him full time (and working part time) and me part time (and working full time). Needless to say, I broke off my engagement since there was something about him that just intrigued me.

We broke up after 4 years. Neither of us ever married. He was - and still is - the love of my life. I often dreamed about us getting back together when we were old; little did I know he would never get the chance to grow old. He died in early January this year of natural causes, a couple of weeks prior to his 60th birthday. I miss him dearly.

Respected Contributor

He wore glasses when I first met him.  Reminded me of Clark Kent !

Valued Contributor

@Sushismom Yours is such a sad story. It’s too bad things didn’t work out. I’m so sorry he passed away. 😟
Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

I was engaged to another man when I met "him" at work. His smile, his sense of humor are what attracted me to him.  We were both going to the same school; him full time (and working part time) and me part time (and working full time). Needless to say, I broke off my engagement since there was something about him that just intrigued me.

We broke up after 4 years. Neither of us ever married. He was - and still is - the love of my life. I often dreamed about us getting back together when we were old; little did I know he would never get the chance to grow old. He died in early January this year of natural causes, a couple of weeks prior to his 60th birthday. I miss him dearly.

@Sushismom Oh...sorry...I know it must be heartbreaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I feel like I’ve always known my husband, and think our paths were meant to cross many, many times before we ever actually “saw” each other, and dated.  

His grandparents lived a mile from my grandparents.   He used to deliver a weekly newspaper to my grandparents on Saturday morning.   My cousin, brother and I always made at least one trip to the neighborhood store on Saturdays, and sometimes I would see him there.   We attended the same school; I never talked to him there, but my mom used to give him a ride home when she picked up my brother after his sports practice and games.  

The first time I brought my husband home, mom knew who he was immediately.   She remembered when she gave him that last ride home, and he told her he had joined the Army shortly afterwards.   He and mom practically had a reunion that day, and my dad was drawn to him because of the fact he had served in the military.   My brothers and my grandparents loved him immediately.   

My husbands blond hair and quirky smile made me look at him twice, and for him, I was “the little red haired girl”.       

Honored Contributor

His aquamarine, blue eyes and sweet, sweet smile.

I had just ended a long term engagement and was not looking.

His incredible intelligence, kindness, love of animals, and ethics absolutely entranced me.  Thank Goodness!

I am SO grateful, he is the love of my life, my BF,  and yes, my knight in shining armor.  Some good angel fashioned us for one another, and brought us together.  ♥️

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

His smile.