Trusted Contributor

Re: What did you notice first about DH/SO?

His arms, strong.  Needed a date for the prom and my bf arranged for me to meet her cousin.  Lost him last year after 59 years of marriage, 3 years dating.  

Honored Contributor

He saw me first at a dance out in the country...I never saw him. He tapped me on the shoulder and was on his knee and asked me to dance. I said sure...never looking back until we got to the dance floor...I turned and thought where did he go...well he was there...all 6'7 of him...I had to look...wayyyyy up there to finally know I had the right guy. He was very gentlemanly and has great blue eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

How tight his t-shirt was!  He looked like the bodybuilder he had been in his youth.  And he terrified me.  

We were together for almost 50 years and would have celebrated our 40th anniversary this year.  I miss him every single day.  As was said previously, he will always be my knight in shining armor. 🙏🕊❤️😥

Trusted Contributor

His height

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

How tight his t-shirt was!  He looked like the bodybuilder he had been in his youth.  And he terrified me.  

We were together for almost 50 years and would have celebrated our 40th anniversary this year.  I miss him every single day.  As was said previously, he will always be my knight in shining armor. 🙏🕊❤️😥

Aww...so sorry for your loss.Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Back in my early 20's, when it took very little to impress  me, DH had a CAR. THAT IMPRESSED ME😄.  That was the first thing I noticed. I also knew right after looking at him for the first time, that I would marry him.  It was just something that came to me from somewhere.  Perhaps destiny?

It takes a whole lot more now  to impress this old broad 40 years married later😆

Honored Contributor

He was cute/handsome. More cute.

Super Contributor

There was a bar with music and dancing my roomate and I used to go to. That night she was meeting a guy there so I decided to go too. I was just about ready to leave when her date bought me a drink. I thought it would be rude to leave until I at least tried to drink a little of the drink. Just about that time my now husband came over and asked me to dance. The rest is history. That was almost 45 yrs ago. 

Respected Contributor

DH was my best friend's brother.  We went to a small school where everyone knew everyone else.  He dated another girl through high school, I dated a boy in their class throughout the same time span.     DH and I never dated until he came home from Vietnam; he was a US Marine.    I can't say there was anything I noticed other than we seemed to have great chemistry.  He came home in July, we were married in December!  Three years later he graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and we had 2 babies. 

Trusted Contributor

I met mine on a blind date. I almost didn't go. He was seperated only a few months and had 3 children. I was never married, no children. Lots of red flags for me, but my girlfriend talked me into going just for the heck of it. Honestly when I first saw him, I thought he was a little odd looking. It sounds terrible to say out loud, but he really just wasn't the type I usually went for. He wasn't bad looking at all, just different. Well that was in 1990 and we're still together, so I guess he grew on me.