Respected Contributor

Re: What did you accomplish this week?

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Not much. We had record heat in Seattle all week, and my main goal was to stay as cool as possible, even though I don't have air conditioning. That means you don't do a ton of activity and you sleep with a fan blowing on you all night. On top of that our air is very polluted due to the fires coming down from British Columbia. Our skies are hazy because of them. I have asthma, so I tried not be be out in the air unless there was a breeze clearing the air.

I heard about the heat in the Pacific northwest.  Not normal for your area at all.  The odd thing is that we have had the coolest August (so far) in my 32 years in OK.  For the first time ever, I did NOT go in my pool all weekend, the water was too cool for me as well as the air!  Very odd weather happening all around

I sure hope we do not pay for the cool August with a miserable Septemver or October!

Stay cool, @RainCityWoman

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

I took EVERYTHING on a hangar out of my master closet and sorted and only put back in the items that I really wear!  I have a huge bag to donate, some items went to my seasonal closet in the spare bedroom and a few went right to trash.

I feel like someone has taken a thorn out of my paw!!  What a relief!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1, I hear you: I don't feel like I can quite catch up for the reasons you gave....

This past week, I did give a lot of thought to organizing the exercise/craft room. That's gotta count for something, right? When I actually do it, I will know where to put stuff because I put thought into it!

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

I wish my body was as energetic as my brain often is!!!! I think --- if only I could do!  

Yes, when you do get to your room, you will have it all thought out and it will be much easier!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Organizing my 8 boxes of pictures by grandsons, grandaughters, and families. 

Picked out a headstone with my mother and sister.  We took mom to a cemetary as she was having a hard time figuring out what she wanted.  She saw one she liked.  We went to the monument place and did a heart, vine, flower design in each corner. I think it will be beautiful. She seemed happy to know it would be done by Sept. or Oct. I think we all are. It feels like one of the last things we can do to honor him and, quite frankly, it will be much better for Mom when she has something to see besides a big pile of dirt.  I am trying to keep flowers around it in the meantime.

Respected Contributor

I got an A+ in retail therapy.Smiley Happy

I need to make myself useful for the rest of the week and get some things done!

Honored Contributor

I purchased my last Christmas present.

Trusted Contributor

I got a nasty cold/flu virus mid last week that I am trying to recover from. That has been my biggest accomplishment! 

Honored Contributor

I read through all these posts and now feel like a big old slug.  But it is only Wednesday so still hope for this week, maybe.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I FINALLY got my laundry room done.  Such a joy to walk in there now.  Got all of that stupid wallpaper off - this was the worst room by far.  It took me a couple of months with my break when I was dehydrated.  But this week got back on track and it is beautiful.  Painted it a charcoal grey and have white and turquoise accents.  The old water heater is in there so I'm going to get a screen to block that off.  Made matching curtain and skirt for my folding table.   Put up a white shelf and got a small turquoise crate for the shelf.  Repainted the cabinets a bright white and painted the wall between it and folding table turquoise.  Going to order an antique looking turquoise laundry cart next month for the room.  Spent enough money this month on that room.  Did you have a big accomplishment this week?

@hoosieroriginal~~~Your laundry room sounds very pretty. You can never go wrong with turquoise, so congrats to you for all of your hard work. 

Esteemed Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Not much. We had record heat in Seattle all week, and my main goal was to stay as cool as possible, even though I don't have air conditioning. That means you don't do a ton of activity and you sleep with a fan blowing on you all night. On top of that our air is very polluted due to the fires coming down from British Columbia. Our skies are hazy because of them. I have asthma, so I tried not be be out in the air unless there was a breeze clearing the air.

I heard about the heat in the Pacific northwest.  Not normal for your area at all.  The odd thing is that we have had the coolest August (so far) in my 32 years in OK.  For the first time ever, I did NOT go in my pool all weekend, the water was too cool for me as well as the air!  Very odd weather happening all around

I sure hope we do not pay for the cool August with a miserable Septemver or October!

Stay cool, @RainCityWoman

Thanks. You too. For the last decade things have begun to change in the PNW. Last fall and winter was unusual too with torrential downpours and perpetual grayness for months. Yes, we always got rain...more like a mist, but it went beyond that. We've had more snow than usual the last decade or so. Things are just changing. It's not the same Seattle I moved to in college.