Trusted Contributor

Re: What'd u enjoy as a child?

Softball, dance, hide and go seek, swing and climb -- we were never inside (that was for 9-3 inside the school building)!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Did you ever sew?  What did you like to make?

If you like flower arranging, I LOVE the style of Astar's Place on youtube.  

Respected Contributor

When I was very young, My Beloved Dad produces a "home movie" that he proudly claimed he "quietly caught Santa delivering presents under the tree."  I watched in amazement!!  The movie *steadily & quietly* focused on our Christmas tree, ...   one present appeared,  ...  then another quickly appeared.. ... then another quickly appeared.. more than 10+ wrapped gifts, or so... Santa was soo fast, you couldnt see Santa delivering the presents under the tree, as the tally mounted up!

...    Each year, my beloved Dad would show this same movie, & i was totally mesmerized, totally "taken in" by this "magic."  thinking.. "what a kewl Dad, catching a movie of Santa for us!" ('Course Dad cld do anything, just ask me)

It wasnt until some time later, when I was older, & had a younger bro & sis, "Mrs. Santa" asked me to wrap all the "presents." 

.. I HUGGED my Dad, so hard,  for working so creatively & lovingly, for making this movie, for us.. ... "Now Dad, tell me how ya did it!"

This is the same beloved Dad, when "babysitting" us, served us "Tomato Soup," which i hated, always have!!  He told me.. "thats okay..cut the bowl of soup in half, and you only half to eat one half."  So I carefully, drew a line down the ctr of the bowl, & my spoon never crossed that line!  hmm    "HEYYYY!!!   Dad!!!   No fair!    heh

THANKS DAD,  for these wonderful memories!!  *hug*

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 

Yes, I sewed, made my own patterns and learned knitting and crocheting at my Gramma O'Brian's knee. She was an accomplished seamstress when she immigrated from Dublin, Ireland. She lived with us my entire childhood. My mom had no interest in sewing but I loved it. My entire wardrobe in high school, I made myself. 🙂

And yes, I love arranging flowers. Thank you for the YouTube suggestion @ECBG.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 

Yes, I sewed, made my own patterns and learned knitting and crocheting at my Gramma O'Brian's knee. She was an accomplished seamstress when she immigrated from Dublin, Ireland. She lived with us my entire childhood. My mom had no interest in sewing but I loved it. My entire wardrobe in high school, I made myself. 🙂

@Trinity11 

How very interesting!  You were very fortunate to have your amazing grandmother's talent to draw from.

My fav grandmother had Irish roots. I have our Irish coat of arms.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 

@Trinity11 

How very interesting!  You were very fortunate to have your amazing grandmother's talent to draw from.

My fav grandmother had Irish roots. I have our Irish coat of arms.

I was adopted into my family @ECBG . Only in the past year from Ancestry did I learn that my bio family was also from Ireland. I wish my gram was alive to tell her. She always said I was Irish.🥰 

Esteemed Contributor

(tread title)

Ice skating.

hckynut🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Going to school.

There was nothing enjoyable at "home", but at school people were nice and it was pleasant plus I liked learning.  There was a whole world out there that we couldn't see from "home" and it gave me a little bit of hope.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hearing the musical notes from the ice cream truck coming down the street. And RACING to the house in hopes of getting a dime to buy an orange 50/50 bar. Smiley Happy Then back to racing around with my posse on our stick horses or a rousing game of jacks!
Respected Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn Nice to meet you. Fun thread. Thank you. Smiley Happy