Honored Contributor

Re: What'd u enjoy as a child?

[ Edited ]

As a child some of the things I enjoyed :

Playing board games with friends

Board game template Vectors & Illustrations for Free Download | Freepik

Saturday morning cartoons

Most Forgotten Old Cartoon Characters | Reflections of Pop Culture & Life's  Challenges

Going to the library to pick out a book to read 

Picture Of Book Clipart

Riding my bike all over town with my friends

Little girl riding bike Vectors & Illustrations for Free Download | Freepik

At Christmas time looking at Christmas lights/displays/decorations---a tradition I still carry on today!

Snow covered house with Christmas light string 5921529 Vector Art at  Vecteezy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@cody2 wrote:
@MakeUpMaidnNice to meet you. Fun thread. Thank you. Smiley Happy

~~~~~~

@cody2   Thank you!!  .. I'm absolutely LOVING the responses in this thread.  I've feel so cuddled, "with a smile pasted on my face ALL DAY," .. reading, enjoying all the entrees here, reminding me of so many childhood memories, that were tucked away in the recesses of my mind/heart

So much wonderful familiarity!..

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

Yes, I did! I would spend hours doing that!  I had them pressed in a book for years --don't know whatever happened to them!

My Dad and I were super close when I was young and we did a lot of things together.  Sadly, he passed when I was pretty young.  But, I am so blessed that I have such wonderful memories of him and I will cherish them forever!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

I know!  Thanks goodness we didn't worry about all of that stuff back then!  We just had fun and things all worked out! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed playing board games with my brother, and playing outside. I had a swing set, and lots of little girls lived on the same block as me. 

I loved to bake cakes, and BBQ wieners in my easy bake oven. 

I remember playing Jacks in the kitchen floor. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved catching fire flies, playing hide and seek just before dark, laying on the cool grass looking for the constellations in the sky. riding my bike with friends all around town, playing with my dolls and tea sets and playing marbles.  

What a wonderful thread (sigh)

Honored Contributor

I loved doing a lot of things. Life was really good. But what I loved most was:

• Horseback riding.
  • Riding my bike over to my best friend's house several times a week in the summer.
  • And number one on my hit parade: that awesome feeling of standing in the huge candy section at the drugstore, with my entire allowance in my pocket. The feeling of being able to choose any candy I wanted. Somehow it doesn't have that same zing for me today.
When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

we lived very rural. only one other kid on our street.   My sister and me played with our model Matchbox cars in the dirt driveway. we built roads and houses out of Lincoln bricks (pre-Lego). we used an old stainless steel mixing bowl as a fire station.  in the winter we made our matchbox car village on a card table.

we had Barbies and we made apartments for them out of the shelves in our room. Neither of us played with baby dolls except as small children.  as we got older i had model horses and i liked to go rock hunting. i found a Moonstone once. i don't know what happened to it.  i was kind of a geek. i had a microscope and a walkie-talkie. 

On saturdays we rode bikes up to the stationary store where the owners had a big display of penny candy. i rode my bike everywhere.  my friend and i hiked up in the woods where we had lunch sitting on a big boulder. 

we never worried about ticks biting us or hobos being that we were near RR tracks.  we put pennies on the tracks to see them squished flat.  blueberries grew by the tracks.  (now they use weed killers by the tracks) 

while the grade school was building an addition we would go up there and have dirt bomb fights with boys.   that was a blast!    just dirt foundation and some concrete pre-forms.  we had so much fun!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

My Mom, packing a lunch of tomato and mayo sandwiches and taking my brother and me down to the beach on a very hot, humid Summer morning,

My brother would carry the pink, chenille, bed spread, so we would not sit on the sand.

We would wake up very early, get on the train and smell the Atlantic Ocean on our walk to the sandy, empty beach.

To this day, even the smell of the Pacific Ocean transports me back to those days, many decades ago.