Esteemed Contributor

@makena wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I am amazed then when something is deleted how they keep trying to only get poofed again.   Perhaps in need of a hobby!    I didn't see it.  I saw the blockings and I could tell right away who it was about.

The poor Mods must feel like they are watching a kindergarden group.  

I'm amazed at the people that need to know what they missed.  Starting a post inquiring about it is almost as bad as restarting a deleted thread.  It if it was deleted, just let it go.  Why bring it up again.

@Good point @makena

Honored Contributor

I am always curious about the deleted stuff too.Human nature?We look as we are passing accidents on the roadways.We watch the news,we listen to the radio...we just are curious in nature.

Honored Contributor

Not sure what went on on the day in discussion here, but I have seen days where the mods must actually be awake or more heavily staffed, as one thread after another is locked or full of post removals, when really the tone is quite sedate and people are behaving rather well. 

Some days I think they just need to justify their jobs, or have a quota to meet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Not sure what went on on the day in discussion here, but I have seen days where the mods must actually be awake or more heavily staffed, as one thread after another is locked or full of post removals, when really the tone is quite sedate and people are behaving rather well. 

Some days I think they just need to justify their jobs, or have a quota to meet.

Sorry,  but I do not agree with you at all.   I highly doubt that they have a quota to meet.  These Mods have a hard job here, and it is disrespectful of you to say such a thing.  I think we all had things deleted, and maybe didn't understand why, but I am sure they are not doing it to meet a quota.   

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Sorry,  but I do not agree with you at all.   I highly doubt that they have a quota to meet.  These Mods have a hard job here, and it is disrespectful of you to say such a thing.  I think we all had things deleted, and maybe didn't understand why, but I am sure they are not doing it to meet a quota.   

I agree the mods do have a hard job.  What with all the whining and complaining by some about threads and posts, the constant complaining about why certain threads are allowed to be started and lets not forget those who contact the Office of the President or CS to try and get posts removed because they think the board is all about them. 

That is what is disrespectful to me.  Those posters apparently think they can do a better job than the mods or think the mods aren't doing their jobs.