Honored Contributor

Re: What color was your prom dress?

Another mint green wearer here!

Honored Contributor

Mine was dark green with auburn hair.  

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella My prom was in 66 and like you I wore a borrowed dress. I didn't care - none of my friends had seen it and it was beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Preds, what a jerk! If I were her, I would have been mad at him also picking the same dress as you! I am sure you wore it better though!

@Preds wrote:

Mint green for the first one.  Pink for my Senior prom. Boyfriend picked it out.  We broke up and the girl he brought had the same dress on in white. Yep, he picked hers out too.  Cream with floral bottom for the last one.   He graduated the year after I did.  

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Mine was dark green with auburn hair.  

Love it when red heads wear green!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't go to the prom. I had no interest in going. (In fact I had no interest in boys until after highschool. I was too busy hanging out w my friends and going to the beach) 

So I found this ironic. My oldest granddaughter went to the military ball w a boy that participates in that program at school. That was earlier in the year and he wore his school military uniform and she had a gorgeous blue gown. (We went over to take pictures)

BUT, she graduates this year and was asked by 2 boys to the prom, and she was going to go with 1. But changed her mind when he started following her around like they were now dating. (She told him "nicely" months ahead that she wasnt going, so he could find another date). Now days girls and boys can go without a date too but she just had no interest in going like me way back when. (Which I found ironic). Her mom was disappointed. She thought she should have gone.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

I went to 3 proms in the late 50's!  One was mine and I wore yellow and the other two were my boyfriends (now my husband) and one was pink and the other was light blue!  We graduated the same year only from different schools!  Lots of fun and cute memories of those days!  I wish I could go back and live just one of those again!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Black, one-shouldered with a jeweled belt. 

Yes, I was the only one wearing black. 

@gardenslaThat's just my style!!!

A former student once said "As a junior the dress should be sweet.  As a senior you can be a vamp!!!".  I took her to Charlotte to buy that first dress.  Loved that student and now we're on FB.

Trusted Contributor

Lavender~~~it really was a beautiful dress and my boyfriend had the obligatory lavender shirt and tie. I still have very fond memories of that special night! 

Contributor

I didn't want to go to my prom so I went to my boyfriend's senior ball and wore white.The next year I  went to my senior ball and I wore black and blue.I wish I knew not to double date for my ball lol it was horrible!