Esteemed Contributor

Re: What color was your prom dress?

@GSPgirl wrote:

It was a yellow Gunne Sax off the shoulder dress.  Remember that brand?  The theme for the prom was Gone With the Wind.  I wore a gold locket on a yellow ribbon.  

@GSPgirl, lol! Yes! Gunne Sax/Jessica McClintock were popular in the 80's! I had one too. It was white and silver and I loved it.

I went to prom 3 times at my school and 3 times at my boyfriends. I had blush pink, all white, pale yellow, mint green and red. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

It was black

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

My dress was beautiful, white and at the waist, dress had like 2 inches around in faux pearls

Respected Contributor

My mom sewed me a powder pink satin dress.  It shined like aluminum foil. The white pumps and perm sealed the look. 

Respected Contributor

Senior prom was in 1965.  I wore an ice blue gown with a white organza overlay.  Money was tight back then, so the gown was a bridesmaid dress from a wedding my sister was in a few months prior to the prom.  It didn't matter that it was a hand-me-down, it was pretty and I felt like a princess.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

invisible

Respected Contributor

Peach.  1978.  My date wore a white blazer with a peach bow tie.  You had to match. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

White....people thought I was getting married.....

Hi MickD, my dress was white, as well.  I loved the style!  When my mom showed my dad , he said he hoped that I kept it nice because it was the only white dress he was going to buy me.  His attempt at a "funny"! 

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

My senior prom was yellow satin with white lace overlay.  I never really liked the fashions of the days.  Much prefer mine.  

As a HS school teacher, I usually worked the prom.  I always got a dress from the markdown rack and my students very much appreciated that I didn't come in a Sunday dress and look out of place!  

My last was black and leopard print!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee