Honored Contributor

Re: What color was your prom dress?

@Shorty2U wrote:

I didn't go to the prom. I had no interest in going. (In fact I had no interest in boys until after highschool. I was too busy hanging out w my friends and going to the beach) 

So I found this ironic. My oldest granddaughter went to the military ball w a boy that participates in that program at school. That was earlier in the year and he wore his school military uniform and she had a gorgeous blue gown. (We went over to take pictures)

BUT, she graduates this year and was asked by 2 boys to the prom, and she was going to go with 1. But changed her mind when he started following her around like they were now dating. (She told him "nicely" months ahead that she wasnt going, so he could find another date). Now days girls and boys can go without a date too but she just had no interest in going like me way back when. (Which I found ironic). Her mom was disappointed. She thought she should have gone.

Same for me.  When my steady boyfriend at the time asked me to go I responded with, "Well, I guess I could dress up for one night of my life."  Apparently that was the wrong response since we soon after broke up and he attended prom and married one of my friends.

Respected Contributor

Black, one shoulder, red sash. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I wore an apricot dress with a matching short jacket. I loved that dress.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼