Trusted Contributor

Re: What cologne did your first “love” wear?

"Old Spice"  He still does!  Now you know how old we are!!Woman Wink

Contributor

@speedy girl 

My loving dad --- he wore Aqua Velva aftershave. He always smelled great. 

Honored Contributor

My first boyfriend smelled like hair gel.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

it was the 70s and my boyfriends didnt wear cologne. i wore Love's Lemon scent or Orange essential oil from the Earthy Crunchy store.

much later in the 90s i dated a guy who wore a dab of Patchouli oil on the back of his neck. i visited his home on one occaision  and Patchouli  couldnt quite mask the strong odor of cat pee wafting throughout.    when i smell Patchouli now it takes me back to that time and just makes me nauseaus .

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmmm, the "cologne" of my very first love.  Well, if I am totally honest here and I am, then it would have to be "soap and water"...possibly ivory soap or palmolive.

Yes, I can remember it like yesterday.  I was in the 3rd grade and this boy named James ran by me while I was on the playground and came up close to me and gave me a peck on the cheek.  My friends started laughing and I took off and ran after him wanting to throw a "nice" punch at him....but, when I caught up to him, I swung my arms around and he pushed me into a big ole nasty mud puddle and I was soaked from head to toe....nasty, awful, cold, mud all over my clothes.  He ran and the teacher came running to me asking if I was okay and helping me up,....I just thought to myself, "Yes, I'm okay....in fact, I'm in LOVE".  LOL!  

True story, even at that young, young age, .....I have never forgotten my first love, the smell of soap and water, the first kiss (or rather peck on the cheek) and, of course, that awful mud puddle.  

Respected Contributor

@tempess Mine too, tempess.  Reminded me that he used to say to me, "can you?"

Valued Contributor

The original Polo by Ralph Lauren , in the green bottle.

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

@speedy girl -

My father too and I still love Old SpiceSmiley Happy

---------------

@on the bay  @speedy girl  

My Dad only wore Old Spice!!  Still love that scent!!!  I also liked English Leather!!

----

*** Meant to add...had two brothers who also wore Old Spice!!!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm the oldest of 6 children.  When I began working full time, I bought all my brothers and sisters small gifts for Christmas for the first time in 1974. 

For my brother who is 2 years younger than I me, I picked up Jovan Musk for Men.  I was a big fan of all the musks back then and picked it up without thinking anything about it.

A few years ago I was at his house and remarked that he smelled good and asked him what it was.

He said, "You got me Jovan Musk for Men for Christmas one year, and I've never worn anything but that since."

This mens cologne still has many fans and high reviews, even though it is considered just a drugstore perfume. 

Regular Contributor

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/231548268476-0-1/s-l1000.jpg