Honored Contributor

Re: What cause are you most passionate about?

[ Edited ]

Health care for all...women's rights...education...historical re-development...re-use and recycling...climate change

Honored Contributor

1. Protecting and caring for the elderly.

2. A healthcare system that works.

3. An education system that meets the needs of students who want to learn.

Esteemed Contributor

Gun control.  Yes I am for it.

Honored Contributor

St. Jude's Hospital

Child Abuse and Neglect

Honored Contributor

I have many causes that I am passionate about and not surprising they tend to tie in to each other (women and children).

Some I give my time to.

Some I give my money to.

Some I give my time and money to.

You can get bogged down in it though, as there are SO many that are in need and you simply can't help all. *heavy sigh*

Honored Contributor

Feeding people without a doubt.  Every paycheck with out fail I pay the Lord, then my savings/retirement accts., then the two local food banks, then I pay my bills.  It is not much some months but I never miss a month on sending a little something to our city's hungry.

Doing it in that order keeps me from going crazy buying junk for myself that I just do not need.  The thought of a little hungry tummy breaks my heart.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Litter.  It’s discouraging to see so many plastic bottles, bags and cans clogging our waterways and littering our streets.  I walk in a nature park every day and carry a bag with me to pick up litter when I see it.  It affects all of us, including the wildlife.  After a storm I picked up over 200 plastic bottles that had washed up along one small area of the creek.  I can’t imagine the vast quantities of stuff floating around.  I now carry large black plastic trash bags in my car so I'm prepared when things like that happen.   

Honored Contributor

Reversal of the Citizens United decision,  and violence in any form.

Respected Contributor

Most of my donations go toward animal rescue groups.  It's especially important to me that if something happens to me, my own animals will be safe.  I've already made arrangements for all of them, including my horse.

I truly hate horse slaughter and never want my gelding to be in that situation.  He's given me several years of fun and SAFE trail riding experiences and I won't repay that by sending him off on an unsafe transport to Canada to be jammed into a kill pen, left to fend for himself, getting kicked and bitten by other horses due to tight quarters, until he's killed for meat that gets shipped overseas where some idiot considers it a delicacy.  

Yeah, I'm a little opinionated when it comes to this.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Animals!  Not just dogs and cats either.