Honored Contributor

Re: What brands do you miss ?

Sports Savvy

Stone Mountain handbags

Christopher Radko

Thomas Pacconi

Linda Dano home decor

Black Hills Gold

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Gabriella T.  Her sweaters were gorgeous. I loved the muted prints, the quality workmanship and the hand of the fabric.  As an added bonus the cardigans had pockets.  They washed and dried beautifully.  I had several of her cardigans and literally wore them out.  As if that weren't all enough, her prices were extremely affordable, and I would have been more than happy to pay a higher price for her pieces.  Had I known the last time we saw her that she was never to return, I would have stocked up.

Honored Contributor

Black Hills Gold
Christopher Radko!!!!!!!
Linda Dano
Lidia Bastianich
Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Terry Lewis leathers

Cervelle fashions

AJ Valenci footwear

Bradley Bayou leathers

Randolph Duke fashions

@SilleeMee, I loved Randolph Duke's Five Easy Pieces.  I owned one set in all black and another in royal blue with a red tee.  Those items were work horses in my wardrobe.  On the mornings getting ready for work when I would stand in front of the closet thinking, "I have nothing to wear," (despite the fact the closet was jam packed), those were my go to pieces.  I'd mix and match them with one another as well as with various other clothing.  I actually came to that party late and bought the sets on a great sale.  I wish someone else would make the same items, using the same fabric, not 100% poly.

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
@SilleeMee wrote:

Terry Lewis leathers

Cervelle fashions

AJ Valenci footwear

Bradley Bayou leathers

Randolph Duke fashions

@SilleeMee, I loved Randolph Duke's Five Easy Pieces.  I owned one set in all black and another in royal blue with a red tee.  Those items were work horses in my wardrobe.  On the mornings getting ready for work when I would stand in front of the closet thinking, "I have nothing to wear," (despite the fact the closet was jam packed), those were my go to pieces.  I'd mix and match them with one another as well as with various other clothing.  I actually came to that party late and bought the sets on a great sale.  I wish someone else would make the same items, using the same fabric, not 100% poly.

Yes, @Its Me LuLuBelle2, I remember the 5-easy pieces wardrobe. It was classic. Another one I distinctly remember is a garment that he designed that you could convert to a dress, a skirt, a cape, a ruana, a jacket...all from one piece! It was genius. I think that line was called "Genius". He also had another line called "The Look". All of his lines were so good. .

Respected Contributor

Birkenstocks

Fashion Formulas

Sport Savvy

Jessica Holbrook

Gabrielle T.

Black Hills Gold

And the last one I think if memory serves, Cedar Canyon and a few of the Indigo Moon sweaters.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Birkenstock

Birkis

Epiphany

Tacori

it seems the brands that replaced all of these are much lower quality and higher priced. I am only willing to pay more if the quality is there....

@lovesrecess

Ha ha .... I thought you meant in real life, not QVC brands!    Woman LOL

I know this will be a surprise to some, but I miss Bruce Makowsky.  Most of his bags were redundant .... and, seriously, who wants their bags to "puddle" ?    However, every once in a while he had an exceptional bag that was just what I wanted .... and his bags were ALL LEATHER.   The leather bags on QVC now are .....  um ......   strange and nothing I could ever see myself carrying.  JMO, of course.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee, How the heck did I miss the Genius!?!  Sounds right up my alley!  Between Five Easy Pieces and one piece of clothing that converts into several others I could have seriously pared down my wardrobe - lol!  I do remember "The Look" though I never bought any of those pieces.  I wonder if he's still designing.  I've seen some of his things on Ebay, Poshmark and Thread Up, but nothing new.  He truly was talented and knew how to dress women.

Respected Contributor

I agree about Randolph Duke.  The jeans fit sooo well.  Still have a couple of pair, but wish I had purchased more.