Respected Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts on owls?

not a fan

Honored Contributor

I love them outside my window in the woods at night. I love the 3 note hoooo....hoo hoo, It is calming and they are magnificent creatures.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/25/2014 brewhaha said:

When it comes to owls, I don't give a hoot.

THATS funny brewhaha!

About owls. I have a huge owl that stands on the floor in our bedroom. It was my parents. Its ceramic and has big beads on it in designs. Its gorgeous.

But that's the only owl I have.

(I do like the look of the snowy owls but don't have any).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

I love owls, the real ones. They're beautiful, majestic creatures. It's funny that they're considered wise. A person who works with birds of prey once told us that they're as dumb as rocks.
Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Shorty2U said:
On 10/25/2014 brewhaha said:

When it comes to owls, I don't give a hoot.

THATS funny brewhaha!

About owls. I have a huge owl that stands on the floor in our bedroom. It was my parents. Its ceramic and has big beads on it in designs. Its gorgeous.

But that's the only owl I have.

(I do like the look of the snowy owls but don't have any).

That was a funny statement from brewhaha. I have laughed often at her quick wit. Oh, and brewhaha, I just had to tell you that my owl does "give a hoot"....I call to it at night with the same sound he makes and he answers me back!!!!!

Super Contributor

LOVE them (for some reason), just got two from HSN (did NOT know they did Grandin Road) and I naturally got the large (I'm a glutton) and they're beautiful! but should have gone small for once. I love the look, I love the connotation, I love the warmth that I think they elude and I just love the cute look. Now, I'm dying to have the 8 ornaments that I'd seen on Lisa's show,,,it's just $$$ right now but I could think of a zillion places to put those darling little faces. guess I'm an own person (and a squirrel and many others)

Super Contributor

even if they're outside your door, I like having the replica inside to enjoy. It's nice to get a 'fleeting glimpse' or a sound from anything that inhabits your area, but it's nice to have a 'hint' of it inside. That's just my take on it.

Honored Contributor

I think of my oldest daughter who collected them. She received a lot as gifts and over the years accumulated dozens which she kept in a special cabinet. I gave her many and so did her sisters and friends. Sometimes I wonder if she kept them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I'll be honest.....I've never in my entire 54 years given any thought to owls. The birds or the decorator items.

Trusted Contributor

Owls are beautiful, interesting creatures.......but I have no interest in owl decor.