Honored Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts on owls?

Better to be 'wise as an Owl', than not! I think the white, feathery ones are delightful, especially for the holidays!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Our sunroom is filled with them, and we have real ones in the woods behind our house. Our one kitty, a Tortoiseshell, looks just like them when she sits. She has THAT STARE and those big gold eyes. I actually found a little one while I was shopping with friends that looks just like her. I brought it home and put it in the middle of one of our big plants! That started my fascination with them, and others started buying them for us. I have the Slatkin owl figural. Most get put away when fall is over, but a few stay out all year! Smile

Respected Contributor

I like the owl from the Tootsie Pop commercial.

Valued Contributor

I have this Goebel owl plate. It was given to me by a patient at the hospital where I worked.

Valued Contributor

My mom likes owls as decorations and I really would have liked to get her the E.D. bisque owl, but it was too expensive. It did have a very cute expression. I like real owls. My favorites are barn owls (grew up with these) and great horned owls - have seen them in California and Arizona, had to watch out for my sister's dog when we went for walks because she was a little thing Smile

Barn Owl - their calls are often mistaken by Bigfoot enthusiasts as being a Bigfoot call{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

Hoo, me? I hear them sometimes in our woods, and the sound is sweet and fun, not scary.
Esteemed Contributor

I started purchasing owls about three years ago. I have the snowy and the horned owls out for Christmas. Love the look. Love nature.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Can't say that I like them for decorating, etc.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Have no reason nor desire to have owls as décor inside my home. We do have them on the farm and I enjoy listening to them.

ETA, For those who are into owls, enjoy!

We do have carved shorebirds, handmade individually by various craftsmen. They are lovely.