Honored Contributor

Re: What are your plans for Memorial Day/Weekend?

At the moment, no plans.  Probably order out -- BBQ ribs & a Caesars salad.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

We thought about taking a couple of days away but an acquaintance (we were not close, but I know the family) passed away two weeks ago, her memorial is planned for that weekend.  We are conflicted about going away vs attending the memorial.

Esteemed Contributor

Unless my step-son invites us over for some of is marvelous smoked ribs, we'll have to settle for a low-key day at home. I'll grill either brats or a nice steak and make my first of the season potato salad. The key lime pie mentioned here earlier caught my attention! Memorial Day weather can be tricky here (Missouri) - sometimes it's just perfect, but other times it's the final blast of cold, rainy weather. I'm hoping for the former!

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 Hello Missouri lady. You're correct. There's a trend in our state that April seems to have better weather than May. And your grilling plans don't surprise me. Our neighborhood smells great every weekend. Take care. May we have good Memorial weather.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

All but DH are flying back to MD. Lots of stuff happening  (younger 2 are staying for a month with the grandparents; 1 son is moving in with them so he can return to college in MD in the fall). It will be a busy few days for me regarding my parents estate and then I will return to Florida with eldest son. 

I didn't even realize it was Memorial Day Weekend till this thread. Geez.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Valued Contributor

Memorial Day to us if give Thanks to our Military who have given the ultimate sacrifice. It's not a holiday.
We stay home and enjoy all our many blessings.
We're proud military parents 🇺🇸
Today is Armed Forces Day 🇺🇸
Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake, hello to you as well, Missouri lady! You are so right - our April was overall a nice tease of spring! May has been typical with the roller coaster days of cold, warm, rain, dreary, sunshine! I imagine other parts of the midwest have experienced the same - it's time for Mother Nature to make up her mind and give us some consistently warm and dry weather for a change! Here's to a perfect Memorial Day for all of us!

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 I'm in a suburb of KC. Knocking on wood -- tornadic activity has been sparse. Hoping for the best. Let's have a long, bright summer & fall.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

My husband, the grill master, will do the cooking. I'll make some sides and ask our neighbor over for lunch. We like to send her home with enough leftovers to last the week.

Super Contributor

@Grand Happy wrote:
Memorial Day to us if give Thanks to our Military who have given the ultimate sacrifice. It's not a holiday.
We stay home and enjoy all our many blessings.
We're proud military parents 🇺🇸
Today is Armed Forces Day 🇺🇸

I feel the same way.