Honored Contributor

What are your plans for Memorial Day/Weekend?

[ Edited ]

For us, DH & I are just staying home so no weekend traveling. I'll be putting out the small flags and placing them in our petunia porch railing planters. We'll watch some of the usual movies...if not on TCM, then on our DVD's...like Yankee Doodle Dandy and The Best Years of Our Lives.

On Memorial Day, DH plans to smoke a brisket, I'll be making a caesar salad w/Primal Kitchen dressing and we'll be treating ourselves to a couple of Angry Orchard 'crisp apple'. So, it won't be a keto/low carb day because of the hard cider, but it will be the only meal we'll have which will help in keeping us from doing too much damage to our lifestyle.

I already need a drool bib just thinking about it...

We only have alcohol about 10-12 times a year...usually just special occasions. The next time we'll enjoy a couple of drinks will be the 4th of July and we'll each have a couple of Corona Extra while watching the neighborhood fireworks. Smiley Very Happy

I'll also probably wear A346882 - Cuddl Duds maxi dress in the navy/floral I got a couple of yrs ago...has a bit of patriotic vibe to it.

And depending on the weather, I'd love to lounge outside and read on our patio.

Welp, I'm sure all those plans would be a snore fest for most...LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are your plans for Memorial Day/Weekend?

Not sure.  Possibly house/dog sitting.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It doesn't sound boring to me at all..  It sounds like the kind of day we will have too. We aren't the type of people to go to events or parks on holidays.  Too many people and too much craziness.  

I love your idea of lounging on the patio and reading.  That is exactly what I enjoy doing. My favorite thing to do is sit outside and either read or just watch the birds and squirrels doing all of their antics in the yard.

Most people would think that my DH and I lead a boring life but we both like a low-key lifestyle and it works for us.  

Honored Contributor

Leisurely weekend at home watching tennis (Roland Garros) and NASCAR races.  Grilling barbecued ribs or steaks to eat with the summer's first big bowl of potato salad.  Probably key lime pie for dessert.

Respected Contributor

Visit gravesites of family and if they're not on findagrave or billiongraves, take a pict and upload the info.

Esteemed Contributor

Safe and enjoyable holiday weekend to all. I'm hoping central midwest rain / clouds pass and we can ebike on a nearby trail (Katy Trail) on Sat or Sun that used to be a railroad track. Monday we'll spend the day with two yo grandson so our son can start his exterior home painting project. Memorial Day has been rainy for several years in a row.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

3 days of no plans for me.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

My SIL from Ireland is visiting. If anyone knows what strict, strict lockdown they have had to endure she might as well be coming from another planet.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heading to Vegas to house hunt.  Want to have a place to escape to when the next pandemic hits!

Had enough staying at home and doing nothing this past year!

Super Contributor

Our Holiday will be low key as usual.  We will have a cookout for the 3 of us, relax on our deck with our cat Toby (who wears a leash whenever outside.). Hoping for sun and nice weather.  We do watch the National Concert from Washington DC on Sunday night on PBS at 8pm.  It has changed a lot since this pandemic but we wouldn't miss it.  Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna will be hosting again.   Some movies on TCM and our own dvd collection will round out the weekend.  Of course Flags will be flying.