Respected Contributor

Re: What are your plans for Memorial Day/Weekend?

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

We thought about taking a couple of days away but an acquaintance (we were not close, but I know the family) passed away two weeks ago, her memorial is planned for that weekend.  We are conflicted about going away vs attending the memorial.

My advice is, attend the memorial.

Years ago a boyfriend told me that when his mother died while he was in his teens, most of his friends showed up for her funeral, and it was a great comfort to him.

You can always go away but you won't get another chance to help the family by going to her memorial, even if you didn't know the family that much. 

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise  Will be working the entire Memorial Day weekend, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  As they say, somebody's gotta do it, lol.  But on one of those days we will BBQ and make use of our "cement pond".  ❤💙🍔🌭🍧🏊

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Regular Contributor

undayRe: What are your plans for Memorial Day/Weekend?

On Sunday going to daughter's for a cookout and on Monday leaving for Vegas!!

It is what it is!!!
Respected Contributor

We do have somewhere we would like to go, but I'm not fond of traveling on the holiday weekends (Fri thru Sun).  The trip would normally be 3 hours each way, but would easily turn into closer to 5 with all the added traffic.

Staying home and working on house projects is much more appealing.

Esteemed Contributor

I asked DD if she wanted to do anything on Memorial Day weekend and got a very quick "no."  She has a 3 day weekend and just wants to hang around the house.  Ok by me.

If anything, now don't laugh, we talked about taking down and washing curtains and doing windows.  I can't do ladders any longer and she suggested we take a day and get bigger cleaning jobs done.

That will make me happier than any picnic/get together.

Yes, we are boring people.