Valued Contributor

Re: What are your favorite National Parks to visit?

Yes, @SandPiper, the Grand Tetons are so beautiful too. I love the west and enjoyed going to college out there. (I do love the northeast though where I was born and raised in beautiful upstate New York.)

Honored Contributor

Was bowled over by the Grand Canyon. 

Honored Contributor

The Great Smoky Mountains National Park.....I used to live a few minutes from it and still go back every year. It is glorious and by far my favorite. I have been to others, but love the Smokys the most.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your responses, everyone.  For many years we went to the Smokies every summer.  I consider it my home away from home, but for the past few years now we have been taking other road trips.  We are still trying to decide where to go this year.  We are considering Zion National Park.

Honored Contributor

I have not been to all of them but Bryce and Grand Canyon were awesome......loved Yellowstone for Old Faithful and free roaming animals......America the Beautiful....so many great places to see.  Going back to Glacier this fall to do "Road to Sun" which is suppose to be special.  Also, part of parks system is Mt. Rushmore (amazing) in South Dakota and Badlands.......get your motor running....head on down the highway........

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Olympic National Park in WA state.  One of the Moutains, glacier and streams is named after my father in law.Hurricane_Ridge_panorama_2.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mesa Verde is really a fun one to visit! I just love that place. This is just one part of it:

portada.jpg

Honored Contributor

Better visit all the ones you want to, before they are gone.   

I cannot remember any I've visited, aside from Yosemite.  It's pretty amazing, so I guess it's my fav.   

I saw the Grand Canyon from an airplane and that was beyond.

Sadly, once again, there are fires at Yosemite and the smoke always comes up here so it's been pretty bad.  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad   

Honored Contributor

Rocky Mountain National Park is beautiful.  The animals are out and not far from the entrance.  I understand that when it snows too much, the deer come into the town looking for food.  You think you are in heaven when you are in that park.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength