Valued Contributor

Re: What are your favorite National Parks to visit?

Some of my favorites are Gettysburg National Military Park, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park. I must mention Yosemite too. It’s hard to pick just one. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

I’ve never been to the big parks but I’ve been to many in Texas since I began my life in Houston. That being said, it would be Longhorn Cavern State Park. It was a family activity we could do and not cost an arm and a leg. 

Now on that I’m retired, going to start checking off things to do and see.

Honored Contributor

It's so sad that some of these National parks out west get involved with these wild forest fires.

Esteemed Contributor

Some friends and I have the National Parks Passports. Since most of us have traveled to many of the larger parks with our families, we're visiting the other parks in our retirement years. It's been a fun way to see some our country's most gorgeous beauty and, hopefully, contribute to keeping those parks around for future generations. The Arches remain my favorite of all time. Our family has been there several times and I could return again and again. The beauty is awe-inspiring to my soul.    

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Great Smoky Mountains National Park!❤️

Great-Smoky-smlandscape21.adapt.945.1.jpg

bigcreek.JPG

SmokyMtnFlowers.jpg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  The building of the Great smoky mountain expressway & the park forced a lot of mountain people out of  homes their families had lived in for centuries. Many families had owned the land since before the Revolutionary war. As a child I had family that lived in rural southern Pa and had neighbors whose families had been displaced by this. They were bitter toward the government for taking their heritage from them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@dooBdoo  The building of the Great smoky mountain expressway & the park forced a lot of mountain people out of  homes their families had lived in for centuries. Many families had owned the land since before the Revolutionary war. As a child I had family that lived in rural southern Pa and had neighbors whose families had been displaced by this. They were bitter toward the government for taking their heritage from them.

Yes, @151949, I know the history of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.   I have ancestors from there and from other areas in which homelands and families were affected.  There were substantial benefits to the changes, and what we have today are lovely, protected, cherished beautiful expanses.    All the parks have history, some evoking sadness and pain and others evoking joy and hope, and most are a rich blend of both. 👍  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I've been to many. My favorite is Bryce. You must go down to the base of the formations and look up to get the perfect effect. The sky was the most beautiful shade of blue and that made the formations really pop!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've been to many but my favorites are The Arches and Bryce in Utah.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

here is a list if you would like to know where all of the national parks are located.

The following chart provides a list of US National Parks by state. Currently, the United States National Parks have grown in number to 60.

Not all states have one. Some larger states have more than one. There are more National Parks in California and Alaska than any other state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_areas_in_the_United_States_National_Park_System

one is missing on this list.....it includes 59.

https://greenglobaltravel.com/list-of-national-parks/

my favorites are the everglades and shenandoah and they are the only ones i have been to.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein