Honored Contributor

Re: What are your Easter plans?

Going to Mass at noon-- we are not early risers here. The boneless leg of lamb will be in the oven and making sesame seeds with sesame oil asparagus as a side dish with orzo and Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

It's a secret......if I tell it on here, the whole world will know.......LOL

Esteemed Contributor

We are all going down to my sisters beach house for Easter. She is doing most of the cooking but I am making mac and cheese and the desserts. I do believe she is making lamb and ham for the main courses. There is usually way too much food at our holiday dinners but everyone takes leftovers with them.

Mick D, your dinner sounds fantastic.

I hope everyone here has a lovely Easter and a great time with friends and family.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 ShowMe said:

Hahaha Happy Easter ShowMe! Are your Cards playing this weekend? I watched the World Series when my DD lived in StL . They won! She's a RedSox fan now, but she used to go to the games courtesy of her Office! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I haven't figured out what we're doing or eating yet. It's just me, DH, and DS. DD and granddaughter are in Beantown, they can't visit nor we can't go up on a 2 day weekend. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Ford1224 said:

Down the shore! Yippee! First time in many months.

Are you from NJ? I grew up in NJ and loved going down the shore when I was a kid. I live in PA now so it's a little too far to go for a day but when I was young we used to do that often.

Enjoy your time there!

-Kalli

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 maryebrown said:
On 4/18/2014 ShowMe said:

Hahaha Happy Easter ShowMe! Are your Cards playing this weekend? I watched the World Series when my DD lived in StL . They won! She's a RedSox fan now, but she used to go to the games courtesy of her Office! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I haven't figured out what we're doing or eating yet. It's just me, DH, and DS. DD and granddaughter are in Beantown, they can't visit nor we can't go up on a 2 day weekend. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Hi mary......Same to you.......

Yes the Cards are playing a 4 game series with the Nationals. Won last night 8 to 0, and are tied 1 to 1 right now.....believe they are going into the 6th inning now. You must have been here a couple years ago then.

I really don't know what I am doing......just depends......LOL.......

What ever you are doing, hope that you and yours have a blessed Easter.

Super Contributor

Purchased ham, potatoes, salad fixings, and fresh asparagus earlier today along with strawberries. Am making a strawberry cake tomorrow with cream cheese icing. Will cook Sunday for a late supper.........hope you all have a wonderful day!
Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 MickD said:

We are making a Greek dinner with lamb (arni fornu), roasted potatoes, tzatsiki, a big Greek salad and wine (retsina)....maybe some flaming cheese.....Opa!

Ohhhhh baby.....can I come over after the grands leave???? That sounds FANTASTIC!!!

Respected Contributor

Church in the am. No plans after that. No idea what we will do for lunch!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the replies. Whatever you do have a Happy Easter and Ford I want to go where youre going! lol. (LUCKY YOU!)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles