Honored Contributor

Re: What are your Easter plans?

We are making a Greek dinner with lamb (arni fornu), roasted potatoes, tzatsiki, a big Greek salad and wine (retsina)....maybe some flaming cheese.....Opa!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

No plans. Truth be told - I didn't even realize it was THIS Sunday until today. If he wants something, I'll cook something. I have one ham in the freezer (too late to thaw that out), but I also have some ham from the last one I made. I vacuum sealed and froze several packets, so it's good as new. I could snag some sweet potatoes, come up with a veg dish, and that would work.

Respected Contributor

No plans! Hopefully hanging with the 4 kids (dogs) and working in the yard.

Honored Contributor

Will attend church in the morning. No real plans after that. Will just enjoy the day and see what happens.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I'm here alone; just another day.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 MickD said:

We are making a Greek dinner with lamb (arni fornu), roasted potatoes, tzatsiki, a big Greek salad and wine (retsina)....maybe some flaming cheese.....Opa!

Hey, perfect for a Seder and Easter dinner!

I wonder if Baklava would qualify as unleavened?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Looks like it will be a sunrise church service followed by a breakfast sponsored by the youth group. We will have a traditional ham lunch at home. Schwans had a pie that looked delicious so I bought that for our dessert. We've done all our spring cleaning with the exception of the basement laundry room, and I'd like to get that taken care of on Saturday.

Honored Contributor

Noel ~ very good on the baklava!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 MickD said:

Noel ~ {#emotions_dlg.lol} very good on the baklava!!!!

Love it! And we are somewhat familiar with Greek food Smile Costco used to carry a good baklava, I'll have to look the next time I'm there. I got it when my daughter was a kid, she loved it.

Have a wonderful celebration, Mick {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Noel ~ Thanks, same to you and yours!!