Honored Contributor

Re: What are your 2 favorite possessions

@Lali1 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Sorry, but i value my dogs most, then my kids baby pictures,and child hood pictures.

As I said I don't consider pets to be possessions otherwise those would be top of my list. 

To me they are my babies, my world so to speak, they are family, if my kids baby pictures ever got destroyed,i would greive over that, one son died in 1998,i look at them and wonder where the time went.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I have a German Fairing pig in a car that was my grandfather's. He was born in 1900. My home. But I have other things that mean a lot to me, also.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Sorry, but i value my dogs most, then my kids baby pictures,and child hood pictures.

As I said I don't consider pets to be possessions otherwise those would be top of my list. 

To me they are my babies, my world so to speak, they are family, if my kids baby pictures ever got destroyed,i would greive over that, one son died in 1998,i look at them and wonder where the time went.

So sorry for the loss of your son. I feel the same about my dogs. They are my babies. 

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

My newest Kindle is number 1 fave.  (I don't go anywhere w/o one of the KIndles with me.)  

My knitting and crochet stuff - yarn and needles/hooks  (can't have one w/o the other)

Oh yes my IPad for my books and my knitting and crochet things are very importsnt to me. 

Trusted Contributor

My Wedding ring and a my mothers engagement ring.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

A homemade apron that my mom made. I used to love watching her in the kitchen in that apron.  The print has little tea kettles, coffee cups, and various food items on it.  I love the pockets which are gathered circles rather than the usual square pockets.

The other is my dad's "gold" money clip.  He never carried a wallet and kept bills in this money clip.  When I was young it was like a beautiful piece of jewelry to me all gold and shiny.  I keep it in my wallet now.  It's a good luck charm for me.

I really have to add a third.  My guitar that I bought in 1970. I saved and saved for it and it was my first major purchase on my own. Then I taught myself how to play.  I'm pretty good now if I say so myself. And pretty proud of accomplishing that.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

Besides people -- my home (patio home) and car (new Subaru); our most expensive possessions. We worked hard for both and I wouldn't want to be without these. I do like my cell phone and computer. Are retirement funds a possession? Worked for that as well. I'm giving practical answers. Just in that kind of mood today. Sentimental objects I hold dear would stay in my heart, even if I lost them.          

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I have my Grandmother's engagement ring.  I remember so clearly seeing it on her finger.  I had to ask for it at the time, and I am glad I did.

I would say my wedding rings, but they have not fit for a very long time.  It has been years since I have worn them, so I don't feel too attached to them.

Beyond that,  I would say all the photo albums and scrap books I have made other the years.  I would be really upset if something happened to those.  Whenever a hurricane is coming our way, that is the first thing I worry about.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

My faith.

My mental and physical strength.   

Trusted Contributor

An afghan my grandmother crocheted (she used to keep it on the back of her sofa in her living room) and a toy box my grandfather made me when I was about 2 years old.