Respected Contributor

What are your 2 favorite possessions

I don't mean pets those aren't possessions to me. 
Mine are my my wedding ring I got for our 20th anniversary and my Red Jeep Sahara. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What are your 2 favorite possessions

[ Edited ]

Currently, my iPad and my coffee maker are my two favorite possessions.

Honored Contributor

There is NOTHING within walking distance of my house........so I'd have to say my car is my favorite

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Currently, my iPad and my coffee maker are my two favorite possessions.

I get that. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have two things that have traveled with me as I have moved from middle school to college, to adulthood.  One is an original copy of Gone With The Wind that was a gift from a person whose chldren I babysat, and the other is from probably the 1940's or maybe 1950's and it is a ceramic duck that I have on my window sill above my sink.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

1) my wedding ring

2) my laptop
 3) OK, I'm a real rule-breaker and rebel but here goes: my beloved little rescue Himalayan cat.

(Also my husband though he's not a possession)

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I have two things that have traveled with me as I have moved from middle school to college, to adulthood.  One is an original copy of Gone With The Wind that was a gift from a person whose chldren I babysat, and the other is from probably the 1940's or maybe 1950's and it is a ceramic duck that I have on my window sill above my sink.

How wonderful. I wish I had anything from my parents. Unfortunately when they passed I was young and passive so family members took everything sentimental and otherwise. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

1) my wedding ring

2) my laptop
 3) OK, I'm a real rule-breaker and rebel but here goes: my beloved little rescue Himalayan cat.

(Also my husband though he's not a possession)

You broke no rule your kitty is your family member not a possession 😉Otherise my 4 dogs would have been top of the list. 

Honored Contributor

Well, in normal times, I could wax poetic about my large stuffed bear I've had since I was 3. He is very important to me. We have been together a long time.  If we ever had to evacuate, he would go with us. 

i could also talk about another stuffed bear I have that my mom gave me for my 50th birthday. I was very ill on that birthday, in the hospital, unconscious with menengitis and encephalitis.  When I regained consciousness the next day, I had totally missed my birthday but my mom gave me the bear she had bought for me a few weeks prior. We have been best buddies ever since. 

I could also go on and on about my plain gold wedding band, which was also my grandmother's and a diamond ring that I have from my other grandmother. The center diamond on that is from the 1860's. 

But these are not normal times.  So the most important possessions to me right now are my iPad Pro which is pretty much hooked to my hip and also working TVs with cable. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Well, my Keurig and crockpot certainly get used the most.