Trusted Contributor

Re: What are you thankful for this holiday season?

@Deb1010again wrote:

I am battling cancer, so I'm thankful for my wonderful doctors, nurses and technicians.  I am also thankful for my dear husband who always makes me feel like I am valued and appreciated and loved and cherished.  I am also thankful for my immediate family who supports me and encourages me in so many ways.

I am blown away by everyone here.  THANK YOU for all the hearts.  It made me feel good and gives me more to be thankful for.   xoxo

Honored Contributor

@Deb1010again wrote:

@Deb1010again wrote:

I am battling cancer, so I'm thankful for my wonderful doctors, nurses and technicians.  I am also thankful for my dear husband who always makes me feel like I am valued and appreciated and loved and cherished.  I am also thankful for my immediate family who supports me and encourages me in so many ways.

I am blown away by everyone here.  THANK YOU for all the hearts.  It made me feel good and gives me more to be thankful for.   xoxo

Deb......looks like we are both battling the big C.......at least you have a DH by your side.  I am alone.....drive myself to and from my treatments......the only thing I don't drive myself to is when I have a PETscan done.......

These treatments take a lot out of a person. 

Here's wishing nothing but the best to you in your recovery. 

Yes, we do have a lot to be thankful for.....

Esteemed Contributor

Easy. My family
Honored Contributor

{{{{{{ShowMe}}}}}  I'm sorry you have to do this alone.  If you ever need transportation, I'm sure someone at the hospital can refer you to volunteer groups that do this.

I used to drive for the American Red Cross.  It was called Medical Transportation.  We drove clients to doctors, dentists, rehab, treatment centers, everything.  Call the chapter in your area and see if this is available.

I hope your not going to be alone tomorrow.  And if you are, even by choice, I hope you still enjoy a good movie or funny show and something delectable to eat!

Valued Contributor

My family and my friends.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm thankful for the Good L-RD's Salvation...He is good and His love and mercy endures forever.  I'm thankful for my Handsome husband...a good man.  And I'm thankful for my friends.  I'm thankful for small and wondrous things. I have much to be thankful for and I hope you do as well.  Count your blessings.  Happy Thanksgiving!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

{{{{{{ShowMe}}}}}  I'm sorry you have to do this alone.  If you ever need transportation, I'm sure someone at the hospital can refer you to volunteer groups that do this.

I used to drive for the American Red Cross.  It was called Medical Transportation.  We drove clients to doctors, dentists, rehab, treatment centers, everything.  Call the chapter in your area and see if this is available.

I hope your not going to be alone tomorrow.  And if you are, even by choice, I hope you still enjoy a good movie or funny show and something delectable to eat!

Thanks Lucky......I did not know this about the Red Cross.  Will check into that.  I did know about the American Cancer Society.  With the terrible winters we get here in St. Louis sometimes, there may be some times I will need transportation out to the hospital for a treatment or some other kinds of scans.  Live in an apartment, and my landlord has a tendency to get me plowed in......I park on the end behind my building, and he never clears the way to my car for me......maybe he will this year because he knows I have to get out to get treatments.  We'll see. 

Yes, I will be alone tomorrow.  Have a nice dinner planned, and there will be leftovers for a few more meals......  My sister lives down in San Antonio......and she wanted to come up here to St. Louis.....either for Thanksgiving or Christmas......but, we discussed it, and felt that with all the germs that are on the planes, all we would need is for her to get sick, be here, and then I would catch whatever it is she has......and we both said it would be best to wait until spring for her to come.  Really, I don't mind being alone.  Have enough that can keep me occupied........

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.......

Regular Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

I'm thankful for reuniting with my daughter after a 47-year separation.

That's so wonderful to here VCamp we are reuniting with my youngest brother after 32 lost years this Chrismas. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Honored Contributor

I have so much to be thankful for, but anything related to the cancer goes to the top of the list.  I am thankful that all the chemo and radiation treatments were completed two weeks ago and that I'll find out if I'm in remission next week. 

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I have so much to be thankful for, but anything related to the cancer goes to the top of the list.  I am thankful that all the chemo and radiation treatments were completed two weeks ago and that I'll find out if I'm in remission next week. 

GCR......here's hoping and praying that you will receive good news.  That is something I hope to hear too when I'm as far as you.  It will be a joyous day for you. 

I've not had any radiation, but plenty of chemo.....and still getting it.

Have a most blessed Thanksgiving and holiday season......