Honored Contributor

Re: What are you paying for gas?

[ Edited ]

We don't pay for gas.  We have an electric car.  Have not been to a gas station in about last 4 years.  It looks exactly like a regular gas driven car, but no tail pipe and no noise.  We surprised some folks in parking lots.  The car makes artificial noise inside.  This is a Mercedes, but our 2nd electric car.  The first one was a Leaf.  We can go up to 125 miles per charge..  We charge it about twice a week.  

Honored Contributor

Delaware is about  $2.89 last check as of Saturday night.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's crept up again. Last time I paid over $3.00 a gallon. I guess the brief reprieve is over... again... Like everything else, paying more and getting less... Too bad incomes are quickly being outpaced by the prices of just about everything...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I just put gas in my car yesterday because I passed a station that had it for $2.75 and that was a bargain.  LOL

Most stations in my area are very close to $3.00/gallon.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

We don't pay for gas.  We have an electric car.  Have not been to a gas station in about last 4 years.  It looks exactly like a regular gas driven car, but no tail pipe and no noise.  We surprised some folks in parking lots.  The car makes artificial noise inside.  This is a Mercedes, but our 2nd electric car.  The first one was a Leaf.  We can go up to 125 miles per charge..  We charge it about twice a week.  

The electric you are putting in your car is not free, plus the upfront cost of buying an electric car is high.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure she knows that ,and all comments are welcome...

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@songbird

do you find that the cost to charge it is less than, equal to, or greater than using gas?

if you are going further away than 125 miles is there some online site that you can locate a charging station easily and how long does it take to do a full charge?

i know that i frequently go to the beach and i use approximately half a tank of gas to get there (about 160 miles.) in the car i use most frequently that would cost me approximately $24 in gasoline.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

$2.69 South Texas.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Northern California, $3.35 at Sam's Club.

Honored Contributor

3.95 for Ethanol free.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.