Respected Contributor

Re: What are you guys doing this weekend?

DH and I are taking our little boat out on a lake and going to do a little fishing! 😊

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse   Now that's a weekend plan!

Honored Contributor

@dex  Between everything going upside down in the work world and the personal world and every other world, it's really been a long time since I lived that old life and frankly had any time to myself.  LOL

Honored Contributor

We are supposed to have a cool weekend here in Ohio. Sunny but only in the 60's.  

Tomorrow there are 6 of us that are having a ladies' night at someone's out.  We will be outside, enjoying a couple of drinks, talking and a fire in the fire pit.

Sunday we are going to do some work around the house both inside and out.   

Esteemed Contributor

Hope everyone has pleasant weather and gets out and about. Son bought his first home this past week -- mid-century bungalow near our 'recognized,' quaint downtown area. We'll get to view the home and walk the grounds with him. As a remodeler, he has creative ideas to gradually restore to mid-century modern. Sharing in his joy. Also - grandson's baseball game! Enjoy your weekends & be safe.

Thanks for asking -- always love this question and taking a peek at your lives.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Congrats to your son @jeanlake !  Sounds like a beautiful project.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  I’m afraid I won’t be much help but I’m enjoying a 3 day weekend - working on using up my vacation time.

I’m in Florida and the state is pretty much wide open, no one bothering with any safety measures, COVID-19 cases skyrocketing. I’m staying home where it is safe and enjoying streaming some movies and doing some work around the house.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 Enjoy! I do that frequently to the point I have no more vacation time right now.  Smiley Very Happy

I think I have settled on shopping up at my local mall area including a stop at the craft store to make myself a drying mat I had on my list to buy so I can choose a good color.  I've kind of restocked my kitchen this past week and need just a few more things to complete the refresh.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

Right now I am waiting for a CenturyLink Tech. New upgraded modem so I can boost my speed to 40mbs. When? Who knows. 

Gotta get my mower out either later today or tomorrow. Got a lot of wind/rain a couple days ago and spent a couple hours picking up big branches that broke off our older Maple trees. Some I had to saw so they were light for me to carry.

Grass around here shoots up in a hurry after heavy rain. Mowing usually, on a good day, close to 3 hours mowing. Then an hour or so cleaning up the mower.

Gonna try to get a workout in there somewhere, but the mower beats me up pretty bad, so may have to make sure my back didn't get too ruffled up.

1 day at a time for me, so will see what tomorrow brings.

hckynut🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut  I will never complain about my mowing again.  4 hours?  You are a better man than any of us. 

My yard work is brutal because of the hilly terrain but I can get most of it done in about an hour or so.  It's not perfect but when it grows overnight, who really cares?   I then collapse of heat stroke.  

I almost want to come help you do it.  Stay safe!