Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are you doing this pre Thanksgiving morning?

@SoX wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Heading out to a late breakfast with our eldest son then heading to the Field Museum to walk around and revisit the largest T Rex ever found.

I've done that walk many, many times ... won't go near there today ... the traffic will be horrendous.  

I'm having dinner catered this year ... for the first time ever; so I'm just sitting here contemplating the outcome of my needle biopsy on Friday.

*************************************************************************************

Sending prayers and good thoughts for a positive outcome (((((SoX)))))Heart

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I had a colonoscopy this AM!  Now I need to finish packing as we have an early morning flight tomorrow for the West Coast.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Heading out to a late breakfast with our eldest son then heading to the Field Museum to walk around and revisit the largest T Rex ever found.

I've done that walk many, many times ... won't go near there today ... the traffic will be horrendous.  

I'm having dinner catered this year ... for the first time ever; so I'm just sitting here contemplating the outcome of my needle biopsy on Friday.

@SoX

SoX,

I just went through that wait about two days ago with a nodule on my lung, I know how you feel.  I'm ok.

You are now in my prayers.  I wish you all the best.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven ... Oh, Noel ... I'm so glad you're okay! 

I really shouldn't have posted that sentence ... it is on my mind, though I've been through this a few times before.   My head says "you're okay,"  and I know I am!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well it's after 1 here now, but I made the pumpkin bread and decided to do the banana bread too. Got 3 big guys who will be here and one on the smaller side. I want to be sure there's enough. OH and 2 types of Pillsbury rolls. (Did I say I like bread?)Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SoX Ms. SoX, I'm thinking about you and your biopsy.  BEST results to you my friend.  Keep us posted if you wish to share.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Honored Contributor

@betteb   MMMMMMM - cherry pie - LOVE IT!

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I had a colonoscopy this AM!  Now I need to finish packing as we have an early morning flight tomorrow for the West Coast.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

@lulu2 safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving! Heart

Honored Contributor

Hey Noel!  Hope you're doing well and having a pleasant, and relaxing, day.  Heart

I just got the turkey in the oven.  Argghhh - back breaking, but glad I'm done with that.  Almost couldn't get him out of the bucket.  I was pulling on the bags and he was just kind of suctioned in there.  Finally had to put the 5gal bucket on the floor, clench it together with one foot on each side, and pull with all my might.  Was so afraid something bad was going to happen but it didn't.  Got him rinsed, dried, dry rub on, and in the oven.  WHEW!

Think I'll pull him out after the dry rub has been able to integrate and when I turn the oven down, and hit him with some butter.   Nothing bad about that!  Smiley Happy

Now, however, it's resting time for this bird.   I'm in some serious pain.   Working through it, though.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@NoelSeven ... Oh, Noel ... I'm so glad you're okay! 

I really shouldn't have posted that sentence ... it is on my mind, though I've been through this a few times before.   My head says "you're okay,"  and I know I am!

@SoX

SoX, you didn't do anything wrong, I understand, I do.  It's a big deal and you need to know people care about you.  You, SoX.  Heart

The wait is awful, I am with you in spirit.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices