Honored Contributor

Re: What are you doing this pre Thanksgiving morning?

[ Edited ]

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Cleaning, doing some work from home.

We are traveling to meet friends for dinner tomorrow, so no cooking for me.  Smiley Happy

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Let's all remember to keep those who have sadness in their lives in our prayers.

@Marienkaefer2

I haven't seen you in a long time, MK.  It's nice you're here Smiley Happy

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Cleaning, doing some work from home.

We are traveling to meet friends for dinner tomorrow, so no cooking for me.  Smiley Happy

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Let's all remember to keep those who have sadness in their lives in our prayers.

@Marienkaefer2

I haven't seen you in a long time, MK.  It's nice you're here Smiley Happy

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Hello Friend!   Yes, I've been busy since school started up again!   But I'm going to try and check in more now that things seem to have leveled out. 

It's nice to see you again, too. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and the best of health as well! Smiley Happy   

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

I made all of the side dishes this morning and baked a pie and cheesecake this afternoon. It feels good to just have to roast the turkey, do the gravy and rolls and re-heat the other stuff while the turkey rests tomorrow. To me Thanksgiving is family and friends and having most of it done in advance lets me enjoy the day too.
Honored Contributor

My turkey is still a little frozen.  I have it under cold running water.  I pulled it out of the freezer Saturday night. 

I'm having a bit of a panic attack right now.  Ackkkkkk

Valued Contributor

Took my cat to the vet for an exam, teeth cleaning, nail trim, and bloodwork. Everything came out okay. While she was there, I did a 2 hour workout at the gym and then went to Trader Joe's to pick up appetizers and desserts for tomorrow"s dinner.

Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

My turkey is still a little frozen.  I have it under cold running water.  I pulled it out of the freezer Saturday night. 

I'm having a bit of a panic attack right now.  Ackkkkkk

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Good luck !

Regular Contributor

finished everything that could be cooked and baked ahead of time so now I'm just resting up for tomorrow I have to be up early to help serve at my church which sponsors dinner for the less fortunate in the area if it's one thing that tugs on my heart is hunger makes me cry every time I see how grateful they are wish it didn't have to be this way especially in a country as rich as ours. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm relaxing and maintaining my cool. I already hosted a Thanksgiving luncheon at my house last Sunday. Tomorrow, I will get up and have a leisurely breakfast, chop a bunch of stuff for my famous green salad with greens, avocado, feta cheese, toasted almonts, green onions, mandarin oranges, apple, and raisins. Later in the day I will head north to a beach community on the Sound where I will assemble the salad topped with honey basalmic dressing at my friends' beautiful home overlooking Whidbey Island and the lighthouse. It will be a casual dinner with around 15 congenial people, and everything that is put on the table will be delicious as it always is. Then I'll come home that evening and drink a ton of water to help dilute all that I have eaten that day. Friday, it's back to dieting.  Good times!!!

Kudos to all of you who are doing the whole dinner yourselves. Looking back, I don't know how my grandmother managed it all, but she did, and it was wonderful. I do Christmas dinners with only a few guests, and I am usually exhausted when it's all over with.