Respected Contributor

What are you doing for your Mother on Mother's Day?

I am taking my 88 year old Mom to her neighborhood Garden Center and buying her flowers for her pots, then going back to her house to plant them! 

When I asked her if she would like to do that, she said she was hoping that was what she would get! She says at her age she doesn't want to do it herself and she has everything else she needs, she's thrilled!

What are you doing for your Mother?

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are you doing for your Mother on Mother's Day?

My mother will be celebrating her 96th birthday this weekend. Both of my daughters and their families, as well as my brother and his family will be celebrating the birthday/Mothers’ Day with her. I am still sick with bronchitis and my husband, who has Alzheimer’s, will not be driving down to celebrate. I sent a beautiful bouquet and will spend several days in June with my mother. I am very grateful that I can still celebrate this special day.

Honored Contributor

My mother is coming to our home Friday for lunch.  DD is coming in and I'll fix us something.  We had all planned on going to her house to surprise her, but she didn't want us to see her "mess".  LOL  Her mess is a hoarders nightmare and we all know it. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I had my eighty six year old Mother here over the weekend and hosted a family cookout. She enjoyed every moment of it. Then I got her hanging baskets for her front porch so she was happy. We celebrated early since it was when all of us could get together. Worked out great. I will spending Mothers Day with my daughter and her fiance so looking forward to that also.

Respected Contributor

My siblings and I had planned on taking my 88 year old mom to dinner(which we do every year) but she's  going to Atlantic City the next day and she gets to tired if she goes out two days in a row. My sister already got her plants. Mom's an avid gardener and still does all her own planting. She has a green thumb but hasn't had much luck with orchids. I'm  getting  her one to give it another try. We'll visit on Saturday and probably have pizza. She considers that a treat since she likes it but rarely eats it anymore! 

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

We are attending the college graduation of a family member!   Actually, that's in Saturday, but nothing planned for Sunday.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Preds wrote:

My mother is coming to our home Friday for lunch.  DD is coming in and I'll fix us something.  We had all planned on going to her house to surprise her, but she didn't want us to see her "mess".  LOL  Her mess is a hoarders nightmare and we all know it. 

uh-oh......is her hoard going to be yours someday!!  

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Preds wrote:

uh-oh......is her hoard going to be yours someday!!  

ROTFL ... DD and I already have a bulldozer reserved.  Mom is furious, but ... is what it is. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

probably nothing special. right now we have no sitting duties for grandkids.

Esteemed Contributor

My 2 sisters, Mom & me are going to Springfield IL Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon.  We will see the sights, eat, drink and get a massage.

This is our third Mother's day trip.  We've gone to MI and WI.  Maybe next year will be Dallas. My son & family is moving there. They are expecting our second GS in September.