Respected Contributor

Re: What are you doing Saturday in the extreme heat?

@Katcat1  Good Morning! I am up before the birds. The temps are higher where you live than in Florida. Today... had my juice....having my coffee now while drinking water, have my workout clothes on...will take a long speed walk then come home & do some laps in my pool...Hubby will be still sleeping lol!...by 7:30 ish I will shower etc. have breakfast. Do my Daily Routine...husband will be awake, start the coffee again, make the bed...have coffee with him. We are going to the beach late afternoon & packing food & water & we will stay & watch the sunset on Naples Pier. Off, for my walk. Have a good Day, stay cool!

Frequent Contributor

I have a doctors appt more than an hour and a half away! After that, inside in with ac cranking. hopefully no power outages this weekend. hopefuly i wont be tempted to watch the Q and spend money.

Trusted Contributor

An invite to friends indoor grad party later, so 8 am Mass.

Hope both places are nice and cool.

A nap around 2 would be awesome.

Respected Contributor

I usually go to the grocery and the mall with my sister and then we go out after for pizza. I have COPD, so she's gonna call when she's checking out and I'll call for the pizza and she'll pick it up. I'll wait here in the A.C.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had a heck of a mess of severe thunderstorms move thru mid-southern western Michigan overnight. About 145,000 people without power and a lot of wind damage. Hopefully the cloudy weather will keep the temps from rising too terribly high, but it's 80 degrees already, with a forecasted high of 97. 

Fortunately I'm just about 15 miles south of the edge of those storms so the only affect it has on me is that my local NBC station is off the air so I'm watching The Open on my Fire stick.

Other than that, it's just another Saturday for me. I'll go to the gym in a little bit, run some errands, get together with friends later. There's very, very little that could be weather related that would make me even think about changing my plans. I can't change it, so I adjust and move on. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I just got back a short time ago from an early morning walk.

Got the dog out, got her water and walked for almost an hour. 

Got in and got my iced coffee and turned on Leah for a few

minutes.

Just planning on cleaning up inside today, reading and watching

a movie later tonight. We have central air so we are nice and

cool.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Staying indoors the entire day.  There isn't anything I must absolutely do.  Actual forecast for today is  101F -103F (and not the it feels like temp)  Yesterday it was 104F.   Heat will continue for Sunday, then break.  Had to wash my hair today.  Letting it dry in the air.  Too hot for a hair blower.

Little concerned for next week.  It will be the 90's for several days without the horrendous humidity.  But it looks like it will start to creep up toward the end of next week.  Hope I'm wrong...

We didn't get any mail delivery yesterday, though I was expecting mail through my USP email. My neighbor did not either.

Sitting in a cotton top and my tinniest short shorts.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking about taking my sweet Golden outside and give her a cool spray of water with the garden hose. I've never done that before but with this awful heat I think she'll enjoy it....I might join in with her, too.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm thinking about taking my sweet Golden outside and give her a cool spray of water with the garden hose. I've never done that before but with this awful heat I think she'll enjoy it....I might join in with her, too.Smiley Happy

We do that with our terrier mix. He absolutely LOVES it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Staying in and doing cleaning, laundry. cooking.  Will watch some of the Hallmark Christmas movies. Hope to run errands early tomorrow morning.  Thankful to hear the heat wave will end by late Sunday!

The humidity is just horrible.