Trusted Contributor

Re: What are you doing Saturday in the extreme heat?

After coffee this A.M., started to tackle my pile of junk mail, then filing.  Then cleaning, to pick up Mom & with DH, we headed out to CT to try a different Mex. restaurant for a change.  YUK!

In the future, we'll stick to our "go to, Frontera Grill" 5 mins. from us.  They have a SUPER Cucumber Margarita & make the guacamole at our table.  YUM.

Came home, had coffee, then brought Mom home.  Then Gunsmoke was on at 6 pm, now HGTV.  

Valued Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

After coffee this A.M., started to tackle my pile of junk mail, then filing.  Then cleaning, to pick up Mom & with DH, we headed out to CT to try a different Mex. restaurant for a change.  YUK!

In the future, we'll stick to our "go to, Frontera Grill" 5 mins. from us.  They have a SUPER Cucumber Margarita & make the guacamole at our table.  YUM.

Came home, had coffee, then brought Mom home.  Then Gunsmoke was on at 6 pm, now HGTV.  

Oh, a cucumber Margarita? I've never heard of that but it sounds delicious and refreshing! Margaritas are my drink of choice.

I laughed at myself tonight when I finally left the house to go pick up a pizza.  I dressed in a "hot weather" outfit that I wouldn't normally wear outside the house and braced for a blast of heat.  But a cold front had came through and it turns out it was in the upper 70's instead of the 90's like it was earlier. 

Trusted Contributor

Been at my lake home in Va. since Wednesday and made the mistake of going outside in the boat today.  i "thought" there may a slight breeze but no it was just stagnant air.  Was thankful to be back in the air conditioning after we returned.  Will be here thru next Saturday or Sunday so hope to see the cooler temps arrive the first of the week as I do want to enjoy the boat more.

Respected Contributor

Saturday I stayed inside bc my BF's burial was the day before at Arlington National Cemetery.  The temp was 99 and with the heat index the "felt like temp" was 106.  So there we were midday in the wide open spaces in the direct sun during the hottest day of the year!!  

I live about an hour south of there and when I got home, I stayed in the air conditioning and drank tons of water and didn't leave the house.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On Saturday, it was 104F on my thermometer in the front of the house.  98F on the back.  That was at 5:00PM.  One more day of this stinky heat.  Didn't go out.  We did finally get mail.

Storms tomorrow all day.  High during & after around 85F.  Clouds lower the temps.  I have to go to work in this. Afterwards clear & sunny for several days.  85F to 90F

Only when out to drop off recycling in fron of house and look for mail.   4 people died in Maryland from the heat as of yesterday. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to blast my central air and work at home. My older daughter is home from college and my husband my younger daughter are all splashing away in our pool. Too hot for me now I will go in later when the sun goes down a little. Keep cool everybody! 

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:
I have plenty to do at home so I’ll be staying indoors in the ac.

However I worry about my son. He and a group of friends planned a day at Hershey park weeks ago. It’s over a two hour drive and once they get there I believe that they plan on staying mostly in the water park area. I just hope he doesn’t over do it.

If it were me I would have tried to get everyone to reschedule but he’s an adult and I just hope he remembers to stay hydrated and use plenty of sunscreen.

I am sure he will... or the weather will remind him. Cat Wink

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No heat where I live, in western WA---was in the upper 70's today and more like that thru the week. So sorry you are having such horrible heat!! Please be careful!! Heat and I do not mix !!!

Honored Contributor

6FF95895-AFF5-4CB4-B055-67696849E19F.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I feel like the luckiest lady right now.  I live at 6500ft and it's 89 (high for the year) and we have whole house A.C.  Even luckier is that we sold our house in Ridgecrest (over 60,000 tremors in last 2 weeks)in January of this year.