Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are you doing Saturday in the extreme heat?

@RainCityWoman   I’m thinking of moving to Seattle, LOL! Your weather sounds wonderful! I did stay there after an Alaskan cruise once. Beautiful city!

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

Unfortunately, I made plans a month ago to go shopping at At Home and to the Q Outlet in Lancaster......so sorry I did that.

@panda1234 

I hope you had better luck than I did a few weeks ago! I was on vacation and we stopped at several outlet stores in Lancaster, including QVC, and walked away with nothing. Most places did not have outlet pricing or even good sale pricing. QVC had good pricing but nothing worth buying. 

Respected Contributor

Went to the gym this morning (they keep the AC running full force!), came home and showered, tidied up the kitchen, vacuumed, watched some tv and played on my iPad.  Made a big pasta salad yesterday, so no cooking.

i also did a load of laundry....glad that’s done.  The heat is terrible.  I have a little drying rack in my spare bedroom, and I keep that door shut to save on AC cost (the AC is a unit built into the dining room wall of the apartment, and really only cools the dining room/kitchen/living room half of the apartment).  When I went in that bedroom to hang some things to air dry....the heat was stifling!

Storms predicted tonight and tomorrow morning, so really hoping for no power outages.

Honored Contributor

I didn't wake up until 12:45 today and when that happens my day is kinda shot. Husband was out, evidently running "errands".LOL Husband had no doubt made coffee earlier and put it in a carafe for me, he makes the best coffee. Enjoyed my coffee and finally did feel like doing some pilates and a little yoga. Man it is hot today, grateful for the AC.

Respected Contributor

This is an odd summer for sure.  Those in the east are sizzling and here in the desert SW, we're having a cooler than normal summer, today in LV it's 104.  Coolest summer in the almost 20 years I've lived here.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 , I thought @Mary Bailey had started this thread and told her I hoped she didn't mind my gif.. apologies to @Mary Bailey for my mistake.... @Katcat1 hope you don't mind my little gif..

Nice thread, Duh@myself for not paying better attention!! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

As little as possible.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I got home about 1/2 an hour ago.  The heat is brutal if you are walking in the sun.  Once you get to the shady side of the street, isn't so bad.

I took the bus over and walked home afterwards.  

I live near the East River - so there is a slight breeze when you are walking in the shade.  Plus - I stopped in the supermarket a block from home to cool off and pick up a few things.

-------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I have to be somewhere this afternoon.. It's only a couple of blocks away.  And on way home I need to pick some things at supermarket.  

The heat isn't as much problem as air quality alert.  

Honored Contributor

We are enjoying the heat in southern WV.   I did convince my husband to lower the sun shades on the front porch, which helps block the intense afternoon sun thru our living room windows.   It is currently 86 degrees.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

Unfortunately, I made plans a month ago to go shopping at At Home and to the Q Outlet in Lancaster......so sorry I did that.

@panda1234 

I hope you had better luck than I did a few weeks ago! I was on vacation and we stopped at several outlet stores in Lancaster, including QVC, and walked away with nothing. Most places did not have outlet pricing or even good sale pricing. QVC had good pricing but nothing worth buying. 

@willdob3   Back from the trip. After stopping at DressBarn “outlet” it was too hot to continue on to the Q. DressBarn had high prices and not much of a selection. Just a bad day to be out and about. Will try again in the Fall.