Honored Contributor

Re: What are you doing Saturday in the extreme heat?

Nothing! (Except posting here!) 😄

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Eddy wanted to play ball at 5 a.m. - air heavy, humid so kept making him rest. Then went in and did some housework until I started meltingWoman Embarassed.  Cool downstairs, a/c upstairs, and only a/c on this floor is in livingrm.  Eddy can't do stairs, so we've been sleeping and hanging out in livingrm.  I had to snuggle wrapped in afghan last nite, but he was comfy cozy!  Kinda boring doing nothing!Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Until this high heat & hunidty passes, DH and I will remain in hibernation with the AC running what seems like non stop.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Eddy wanted to play ball at 5 a.m. - air heavy, humid so kept making him rest. Then went in and did some housework until I started meltingWoman Embarassed.  Cool downstairs, a/c upstairs, and only a/c on this floor is in livingrm.  Eddy can't do stairs, so we've been sleeping and hanging out in livingrm.  I had to snuggle wrapped in afghan last nite, but he was comfy cozy!  Kinda boring doing nothing!Woman LOL

Not important, just strange:  I had mentioned in above post that local news channels said not to use dishwasher and do laundry during peak usage times. For some reason, having computer problems, is did not show up!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We headed out before 8:30am- stopped at the Wally, headed on to Lowe's, swung by BJ's and turned the wagon towards Publix.  Not only did we beat the heat, we pretty much beat everyone else- now that's a good thing!!

PS... Oh yeah, I am the owner of a new kitchen sink soap dispenser- just doesn't take much to make me a happy campette.  @Mary Bailey hope you don't mind my gif.

Image result for staying cool gif

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Went out first thing early this morning to water flowers and shrubs and to also put fresh water in our birdbath...Once everything looked fresh and perky, I came back inside to take a shower so that I could look fresh and perky too!...lol

I then made a delicious pasta salad to enjoy later on!

I was also eager to put down a new area rug that I had bought this week for our foyer area, so I took up the old and put down the new...so our foyer area is now all set with its new fresh look!

Now, I'm ready to chill....I'm having some fresh fruit with cottage cheese and a tall glass of cranberry flavored water.

I have also been venturing outside every now and then and it actually doesn't feel all that bad in spurts....in the shade and a slight breeze helps...I get restless at times being inside so, as long as I don't run a marathon...lol...all is good!

Oops!...I just heard the rumble of thunder so a shower must be on its way which will be refreshing for everything!

Wishing Everyone a comfortable and enjoyable weekend! Woman Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Went to the pool at 10 A.M. Stayed until 4:00. I thought the humidity was worse yesterday. Was comfortable while in the water or out sitting in the shade. After 3:00 you could really feel the heat of the day. Back in the house with the a/c on except to walk the dog, which I am not looking forward to.

Respected Contributor

We woke up to 46 degrees.  It feels more like Feb./Mar. around here than summer.  :-(

Esteemed Contributor

@threecees  My grandmother made ice cubes with lemon, mint and at Christmas dinner cherries. It makes the iced tea look so special!

Valued Contributor

The humidity is unbearable.  Went to CVS briefly around noon.  Grabbed a few snacks and plan on staying in the living room in the AC for the remainder of today and tomorrow.   It was hard to breathe just walking to and from the car in the sun, yikes!  My checklist goes like this:  Pure Leaf Iced Tea, check, Hallmark Christmas movies, check, some QVC, check, nacho cheese Doritos, check, cold spring water, check, sandwiches and cold salad for dinner, check, and AC turned up, check, and hoping and praying we don't experience any power outages, check!  Stay cool and safe everyone!