Respected Contributor

Re: What are you doing Saturday in the extreme heat?

Staying under the AC and will watch movies.

Honored Contributor

I have to be somewhere this afternoon.. It's only a couple of blocks away.  And on way home I need to pick some things at supermarket.  

The heat isn't as much problem as air quality alert.  

Honored Contributor

Thank God for the NInja Foodi kitchen appliance no turning on of oven.

DH will watch ballgames I'll catch up on Tivo and talk on phone, here, etc.

Pray the a/c doesn't pick this time to bow out.

Valued Contributor

It was 77 here at 8:15 and mowed the dog's yard with the self-propelled mower. I must have worn the right clothes as I'm not "glowing" as much as other times. Takes about 45 minutes. 

The absolute worst thing is that there was a baby bird on the ground in front of the mower. Caught it and put it over the fence so the dog didn't get it but I doubt it will survive.  First time and I hate finding stuff like that. UGH. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CinNC  Today I’m filling up a hole the dog dug. We had two morning walks and it will be 99 today so dogs will be inside in the cool.

I’ll do errands, have a salad at Wendy’s and bring half home for dinner. 

Several years ago my dog decided to catch birds in her fence. She brought one in the doggie door and I had to chase her around the house. 

Nothing would make her drop the poor dead bird. Finally I took her to the sink turned the water on and put her head under it a bit and she dropped it.  

After that she would drop them and doesn’t want to do it now. Smart dog!

Honored Contributor

Sweating.  A lot.

Honored Contributor

This extreme heat didn’t make its way to the southeast.

I live in Atlanta.  It’s hot in the summer. We were in the 90’s all last week.  We’re better prepared for it than some areas of the country. 

We’re actually cooler today and overcast.  

Take care everyone and stay cool.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

The heat doesn't make a difference to me.  Everywhere I go has air conditioning.  

I've been doing things around the house this morning.  We'll probably go out to eat later, maybe run to Nordstrom - nothing special planned.  

The humidity hits you like a wall as soon as you go outside.  It's summer and that's how it is.

Honored Contributor

Painting my comfortably-air-conditioned kitchen.

Trusted Contributor

First thing I did was take my little dog for a walk.

Suppose to get rain tonight so my husband thought he would get the lawn cut.  I do the weedwacking, pulled some weeds and also trimmed some plants that were done blooming and watered the plants too, just in case we don't get the rain tonight.

I then moved to the indoors to wash floors, clean bathrooms, kitchen and do so vacuuming.

Neighbors invited us to a "taco party" - it's a graduation party for their son.  It's going to be outdoors around 2:00.  Our heat index will be around 100 at that time, so we thanked them for the invite, told them we have a few things going on, and may try to stop by just for a few minutes.

Will probably go out for dinner later, watch a movie during the evening, and then collapse in bed!