Honored Contributor

What are you doing Saturday in the extreme heat?

I am staying in and making tacos because I don't need the oven or broiler.  I will be in all day and watch some movies and do a little cleaning.  How about you?

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: What are you doing Saturday in the extreme heat?

Unfortunately, I made plans a month ago to go shopping at At Home and to the Q Outlet in Lancaster......so sorry I did that.

Respected Contributor

Have to wakeup really early, get the chainsaw running & clean up the storm damage before it gets too hot...ugh, lots of tree limbs down. The rest of the day inside cleaning, watching Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served & maybe Funny Farm. Stay cool & safe.

Respected Contributor

I will probably have a morning swim before hiding out inside for the rest of the day. Meals will be cold: We have sliced cucumbers and onion in the fridge, along with shrimp salad that I made this evening, and cantaloupe wedges. 

Honored Contributor

Staying indoors in the AC.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I have plenty to do at home so I’ll be staying indoors in the ac.

However I worry about my son. He and a group of friends planned a day at Hershey park weeks ago. It’s over a two hour drive and once they get there I believe that they plan on staying mostly in the water park area. I just hope he doesn’t over do it.

If it were me I would have tried to get everyone to reschedule but he’s an adult and I just hope he remembers to stay hydrated and use plenty of sunscreen.
Honored Contributor

In and out! Visiting the AL to see my LO, running to my beloved supermarket, practicing my music, doing laundry, celebration supper with my S and DIL and Cherished GS.

Our present home is our first with C.A.- A BLESSING (unless there is a power failure). 

Honored Contributor

My hubby is going to help his brother knights with a downed tree

We are going out to breakfast ,and  later tonight we will attend mass, beyond that, I am staying out of the heat

I absolutely hate this time of the year , roll on September!

Honored Contributor

Cleaning garage, taking cardboard to recycling, groceries, maybe out to dinner.  

Respected Contributor

Apartments in my complex don't have central air, although the bedrooms do have window units. 

I'll be going out for lunch to celebrate a sibling's birthday, then later attending Mass (the church has lovely AC).

After that, I'll come home to swelter for a while, finally retreating to a bedroom to read.