Honored Contributor

lgnoring it!

Respected Contributor

We used to go out but not anymore. Don't want to be on the roads with drunks. We get take out or eat at a restaurant somewhere nearby and watch tv and the ball drop at midnight. 

Esteemed Contributor

We used to go out to a fancy overpriced venue.We stopped going years ago because of all the drunks on the road.It was getting dangerous to drive home at 1:00 am,& it was to expensive to spend the night.

These days we stay home & cuddle up with champagne & hors d'oeuvre & watch the ball drop!! As long as I'm with my honey all is good!!!

Happy New year to all my Q  forum friends!! Hope you all have a fantastic 2017!!

Honored Contributor

Re: What are you doing NYE?

[ Edited ]

"All my rowdy friends have settled down"....

"No body wants to get drunk and get loud"....

"I myself have seen my wilder days"...

from Hank Williams Jr. "All My Rowdy Friends"

Smiley Happy I'll be safe in my bed on NYE.

Respected Contributor

I will most likely stay in and have some appetizers and adult beverages to ring in the new year.

I don't like to be out at a bar where mature adults are dancing with their 2017 eye wear and flashing necklaces!

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs momSending well wishes and prayers for your husband, this upcoming New Year will be the best one yet for you and your family!

Respected Contributor

Re: What are you doing NYE?

[ Edited ]

DH & I will be busting out our next 1000 piece puzzle, accompanied with a bottle of Merlot & Pino Grigio.  Not to forget Godiva chocolates to keep us also motivated...!  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

DH & I will be busting out our next 1000 piece puzzle, accompanied with a bottle of Merlot & Pino Grigio.  Not to forget Godiva chocolates to keep us also motivated...!  

The quest to finish the puzzle should be a lot more entertaining after the Merlot and Pinot Grigio are consumed!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

Staying in with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and watching Tennessee Volunteer football!!

@Suziepeach 

If I end up at home, Veuve Cliquot will be present either on the 31st or the 1st, for sure.

I have always enjoyed champagne and sparkling wine but stayed in the $12-20 range. Then my gt-niece brought over a bottle of VC one Xmas and she and I were the only ones who consumed. OMG! There is US domestic sparkling methode champenoise, and there is VC! Soooo incredibly delicious I'm spoiled for anything else now.

Oh my goodness @Moonchilde does this bring back memories . . . there was a wine depot/warehouse close to where I lived when I was married and they recommended a then relatively unknown Veuve Cliquot which we used to purchase by the case . . . it makes me smile every time I see a reference to them as they are still my go to bubbly . . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

Staying in with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and watching Tennessee Volunteer football!!

@Suziepeach 

If I end up at home, Veuve Cliquot will be present either on the 31st or the 1st, for sure.

I have always enjoyed champagne and sparkling wine but stayed in the $12-20 range. Then my gt-niece brought over a bottle of VC one Xmas and she and I were the only ones who consumed. OMG! There is US domestic sparkling methode champenoise, and there is VC! Soooo incredibly delicious I'm spoiled for anything else now.

Oh my goodness @Moonchilde does this bring back memories . . . there was a wine depot/warehouse close to where I lived when I was married and they recommended a then relatively unknown Veuve Cliquot which we used to purchase by the case . . . it makes me smile every time I see a reference to them as they are still my go to bubbly . . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe not something I would splash out on often, but once in a while it's just delightful. Tonight I'm being cheap & practical Electric Reindeer Rose ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all