Honored Contributor

We seldom go out because our weather  can be so dicey. One year we did see an Elvis impersonator ,and have dinner at a fancy restaurant after. The restaurant was really  nice

Elvis even sat at our table. I wasn't impressed with him at all. He was some sort  of  mail order minister, that peformed* Elvis weddings.* He was supposed to have  won an international Elvis  competition, if he was the winner I would hate to see the rest of them

This year we are staying home. I don't know if I will even make it to midnight

Esteemed Contributor

I'll be sleeping. If I can't sleep, I'll be channel surfing, trying to avoid "New Years" shows.

Honored Contributor

We used to trade parties with friends, now we stay home.  Too many drunks on the road.

We have appetizers and watch movies.

I decorate just for NY, black and silver.  Also a black tablecloth with silver touches for the table.  I got a millennial snow globe for 2000 and bring that out every year.

We have a collection of noisemakers and go out on the porch with them after our traditional midnight kiss.

Honored Contributor

Staying home, unless my kid is working and I have to drive. My husband is recovering from surgery and has some lingering issues as a result so we won't be going out. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Probably watching TV with family. Possibly visiting or being visited (?) or maybe (depending on weather) sampling First Night activities. Have always wanted to do that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Ive been asked to do a Pot Bangers  thread ,like Bairn used to do.

So any of you that are so inclined ,sign in and post your NY greeting to the board

It was a fun thing. We would all bang pots at midnight and come in ,and post our well wishes, and where we lived

Honored Contributor

After years of working in a busy trauma center I never go out on NYE.  

Honored Contributor

Staying in with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and watching Tennessee Volunteer football!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

Magic Mike called so I'm considering his suggestions!

Seriously, anything but obnoxious drunks & New Year, New You programming

Honored Contributor

Re: What are you doing NYE?

[ Edited ]

@Smoky wrote:

Staying in with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and watching Tennessee Volunteer football!!

@Suziepeach 

If I end up at home, Veuve Cliquot will be present either on the 31st or the 1st, for sure.

I have always enjoyed champagne and sparkling wine but stayed in the $12-20 range. Then my gt-niece brought over a bottle of VC one Xmas and she and I were the only ones who consumed. OMG! There is US domestic sparkling methode champenoise, and there is VC! Soooo incredibly delicious I'm spoiled for anything else now.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all