Respected Contributor

Re: What are the most number of marriages.....

If you get the chance, watch the movie "Divorce American Style" starring Debbie Reynolds, D*ck Van D*ke, Jason Robards, Jean Simmons and a bunch of others from the day. A comedy of errors from trying to marry off an ex to keeping children straight -who from what marriage. The screen play was written by Norman Lear.

Respected Contributor

Now I know why I can’t find a husband,they are busy at their other weddings.🤣🤪

Trusted Contributor

We think it's her 4th...

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
DH’s ex is on husband #6...one of them she married and divorce twice....DH was her first husband...thank goodness he wasn’t in her long line of husbands...she meets most of them at AA meetings or bars...can’t imagine why they don’t last...

Sounds like "Days Of Wine & Roses" part 2.http://oi59.tinypic.com/23uzrjo.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

A friend of mine has been married 4 times.  She was dating someone for 2 years but dumped him when he wouldn't marry her and become her 5th husband. For some reason she is itching to be married again.  Apparently she doesn't realize you can just date someone without getting married.

Esteemed Contributor

I know two people who were married 3 times. One is my best friends brother and one is my brothers brother in law on his wife side. Mostly everyone I know "my age" is on their 2nd marriage (Including me). My friends are all on their 2nd marriages, except for my best friend shes on her 1st. My one friend is a widow (too young). PS if my current marriage didn't work out, i would never get married the 3rd time! lol. (but it is working out, we are totally happy and together since 1999).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

My husbands grandmother who passed away in 1970 at the age of 70 had been married 7 times that we know of.  She was rough as a cob and cursed like a sailor.  I met her for the first time in the 50's and even though I had been forwarned, I was in complete shock.  I had never been around women that cursed in my entire life, especially as much as she did.  Again that was in the 50's, things are very different now.  After the initinal shock she turned out to be a pretty nice person, just expressed her self differently than I was acustom to.

Honored Contributor

My sister was married twice but engaged six times.