Honored Contributor

Re: What are the most number of marriages.....

[ Edited ]

5 is the most. he is currently single at the age of 67.

he has a steady girlfriend currently but is always on the prowl. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

My late uncle was married 4 times, twice to the same woman.

@deepwaterdotter   Your post made me think of my late uncle who dated a woman for 27 years, and didn't marry her.  She finally left him.

She dated him for 27 years, wow, she sure had a lot of patience waiting for a marriage proposal she never got.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I know a young man whose mother was married 7 times.  One of the husbands legally adopted him and although they are divorced he still stays in touch with the young man.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

My husband worked with a man who had been married 7 times.

Personally, 3 is the most of anyone I know, that I can think of anyway.

Trusted Contributor

What about Larry King? I'm not sure how many times he has been married but I know it's a lot!!

Esteemed Contributor

My friend married someone who had been married either four or five times before.  Although one of the spouses he married twice.  So she was either the fifth or sixth marriage.  They have been married for over 25 years now so I guess he finally got it right!

Respected Contributor

I don’t know anyone that has been married more than twice.

I really think that after two or three times max,  a person is not marriage material

to begin with and just call it a day on the marriage thing all together. 

I mean how many times does it take to learn from your mistakes...

-Texas Hill Country-
Contributor

Smiley LOL  

@Harvard99 wrote:

I

He was quite the playboy and married a number of young actresses during the height of his career.  Definitely a serial monogamist.

Spoiler
Smiley LOL
Honored Contributor

My sons best friends dad (who is a doctor) is on his 4th marriage.THIS wife is younger than his children from first marriage.My son asked his friend how he was going to explain to his children that grandma is younger than mom and dad.I think the demands of a medical profession can be hard on a marriage.

Respected Contributor

I worked with someone whose mother was married 4 times and her father 3.  When someone would ask how many siblings she had she'd say it was complicated bc in addition to biological siblings there were a lot of half-siblings and step-siblings.