Honored Contributor

Re: What are the most number of marriages.....

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

My late uncle was married 4 times, twice to the same woman.

@deepwaterdotter   Your post made me think of my late uncle who dated a woman for 27 years, and didn't marry her.  She finally left him.

Trusted Contributor

6,,, she finally got her DR. She is going to hold on to him....

Trusted Contributor

My mother was married three times.  Each of my sisters was married twice.  I never married.  I learned a lesson from their experiences.

Honored Contributor

Divorce is considered a "huge scandal" in my family.    Needless to say......I am one of the "black sheep".................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I know two men who were married three times. In both cases though, one of the three marriages was annulled, so the people involved choose to not count those as actual marriages.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I knew someone that was married 5 times. She didn't know any of the men she married for long at all before marrying them. She divorced the last one for not mowing the lawn and is married to someone else now.

Esteemed Contributor

Elizabeth Taylor

Honored Contributor

I know several people that married 3 times most of them due to divorces and one was widowed 3 times.   Had a relative that married his first wife twice after both of them had another marriage in between.

Honored Contributor

I have an uncle who was married 3 times.  My friend's mother was married 3 times but her second husband died so she's only been divorced once.  I do think second marriages are becoming more common in younger people.  My girls are in their 30's and quite  few of their friends who married in their 20's are divorced and now they are getting married again.  

Esteemed Contributor

My Mom and Dad were just shy of 50 yrs. when dad died.  All 7 of Mom's brothers and sisters were married to the same person til death, same with Dad'sbrother and sister. I had a ton of cousins and I think 3 of them divorced.

In full disclosure Mom's one brother must of been a gluton for punishment,  Aunt Ellie was not a nice person. As a kid she scared me.

I've gone to 2nd weddings, I won't attend 3 or more.