Respected Contributor

Re: What are the best baking dishes you have?

[ Edited ]

I have Corningware bakeware with lids that are 42 years old in perfect shape.  I also have 2 glass  pyrex bowls (2 2/1 qt.) with lids that are really old that I bake in.

I also have an 8" square Fiesta baker that I love because it is the beautiful scarlett color. I'd have more Fiestaware, but I don't need it and it is expensive.

Oops...I almost forgot I do have a Pyrex 9 by 13 pan also. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Polish Pottery;most of my dishes are smaller, though it comes in larger sizes. It's stoneware, so heavier than glass or terra cotta.  Smooth even heating.

Wonderfully easy clean up, and not one has cracked or broken. 

I like the artisan pottery that used to be sold on QVC but can also be found on the internet.  Very pretty patterns, signed by the artist's initials.  My favorite teapot is also Polish pottery.

ETA:  It's not for super-high temperatures.  I have usually used it in the 350-375 range with no problems, though.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 2 favorites.  One is a 13"X9" broiler-safe porcelain lasagna dish that I ordered from Amazon.  The brand is HIC.  I like the taller sides and the handles on the ends of the dish.  My second is an Emile Henry deep-dish pie plate.  The rim is slightly scalloped to make crimping my crusts as 'easy as pie'.  I don't remember where it was purchased.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My set of Lidia's bakeware from QVC. I have had NO problems with crazing or cracking. It was made in China, but it was also far superior to anything on QVC now (probably disappeared because it had a lower profit margin for QVC!)

I have also given many sets as gifts - no problems that I know of either.

I also love Fiesta and still use my mom's from the 50's. Same with Harker and Hall casseroles from the 40s & 50s - I'm a collector and I use them too.

Honored Contributor

I only use my microwave and use microwave dishware... mostly highpressure steaming. I do use the top of the stove to cook soups etc... never use my oven.

Honored Contributor

My pieces by Lidia have served me well. My TT pieces were disastrous. Good old Pyrex and Corningware were the real deal. The Polish stoneware looks lovely but I have never had any.

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Thank you for the replies, I will keep checking back.

PS) I have 1 piece of corning ware, but its small. I think I may purchase more. I agree its sturdy. (But I dont think it cleans up as well as Rachels but at least it doesnt crack for no reason so thats the main thing).

@Shorty2U If you can spare the time, visit local second hand stores. I sometimes see nice Corningware  in such venues.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still LOVE my French white pyrex and use it all the time. Got the pyrex nesting bowls too, about  I got 45 years ago as a wedding shower gift--I think it was a set of 4 and still have the 2 biggest sizes--I use them weekly.I have the white pyrex pie pan, sq cake pan, loaf pan  too.  Use them all.

Esteemed Contributor

I use a variety of bakeware. My main dishes are Temptations. They perform for me and I've had good luck with them. I love Rachael Ray's meatloaf pan. For baking I like Wilton cookie sheets and some professtional pans that I received as gifts.

Super Contributor

Good, old fashioned Corningware.  I have a nice variety in French White, and I love them.  I don't get the infamous "black spots" nor do I have issues with food sticking. I'm not putting down Rachel Ray's bakeware or TempTations, but I just never saw  the need to replace my tried and true!

I also use my clear Pyrex (9x13 especially), too.