Honored Contributor

Re: What are some of the jobs people are still being able to do from their homes?

Lawn care service came out last week to apply weed killer and fertilizer in my neighborhood.

Contributor

Re: What are some of the jobs people are still being able to do from their homes?

Court reporter taking depositions using Zoom, transcribing  and also doing court audio transcriptions from home.  

Respected Contributor

I have an online business selling jewelry on eBay, have been doing it since I had my son 23 years ago!  One of the original reasons in addition to loving jewelry was to try this new venture (eBay was 9 months old)  to be able to stay home to be with him, loved it so much it's only grown over the years Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that our board moderators work from home.  They're probably lolling around in their PJs with the cat on their laps while they assess our literary efforts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I am a home health nurse manager and I work from home. We have the electronic medical record and and I have a phone extension, so when patients call, the office just rings my extension. I have been working at home since November 2019, so I was all set-up. Due to Corona only 2 people work in the office now and the clinicians are always out in the field traveling to see patients. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@haddon9   Posed that question to DS the other day and he said the landscape aspect is moving more into city planning, rehabilitation of downtown areas, etc. His company paid for him to take a few classes to reacquaint him with the info he'd need to go in that direction. 

@Shanus   This is exactly what DS has been working on.  We're doing a Zoom call with him & DD (she gives us entertaining cooking demos during our calls) tomorrow. Now I'm curious to hear on what projects he is currently working on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

DD is a graphic designer working a lot with a medical company's designs.  DS is in landscape architecture and is working on designs for projects his company had acquired before this alternative world began.

I have an online Etsy business and paint customized signs....right now though I have my shop in vacation mode since I've decided to clean & reorganize my basement workshop.

@haddon9   My DS is a landscape architect as well. All the programs he needs are on his computer to use at home. His biggest issue is printing out/copying plans which is done on larger sheets of paper, speciality printers at the office. Everything he's doing is saved to print out later. 

I wish our locations were closer and I had more choices...the landscape people in our area have little imagination and would love someone else to work with.  We had planned on having our front yard re landscaped this year, but might not happen.

@Mom2Dogs   Landscape architecture work tends to be different than landscapers working on private yards. 

What my son does is mostly public urban spaces such as  renovating the waterfront in Philadelphia with adding a new park (Spruce Street Harbor Park) and renovating a large indoor/outdoor pier (Cherry Street Pier),  adding a childrens's garden at CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia), adding pop up beer garden near the Liberty Bell, etc. 

Though they are based in Philadelphia, they also do work for other cities too.

Valued Contributor

Non-branch related banking
Respected Contributor

I am a speech/language pathologist that works with preschool students in a local school district.  I am doing therapy and IEP meetings via Zoom.  Had my first therapy sessions this week.  It's kind of touch and go with preschoolers.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

I’d think most jobs performed in an office setting would also be able to continue with employees working from home. 

Property management. Real estate. Marketing. 

I’m in real estate marketing and am extremely busy right now, working full time from home. People are stuck at home and dreaming about moving, window shopping online...