Respected Contributor

Re: What are people watching...... Netflix, Showtime, HULU, etc.,

NETFLIX

I just finished watching all four seasons of Schitt$ Creek. Season 5 is coming on Oct 10. OMG, I highly recommend this show. One of the best shows I've seen in a long time!!

Related image

I'm not sure about The Politician. I tried to watch the first episode and lasted about 20 minutes. It's been receiving mostly negative to middling reviews. I may give it another chance down the road.

AMAZON

I'm eagerly awaiting season 4 (the final season) of The Man in The High Castle (Nov 15).

Image result for the man in the high castle

I'm on the fourth episode of The Boys. I'm a big fan of Karl Urban - which is the only reason I started watching the show. I knew nothing about it, but it's a really good show and he has some of the best lines. It's also getting very good reviews. They're currently filming season 2. 

Related image

Image result for amazon the boys karl urban

Since I'm new to Amazon, I would love to hear any recommendations for some shows ot movies. I haven't really had time to browse what's available.

Just wanted to mention two really bad shows on Netflix.

Another Life with Katee Sackhoff was so disappointing since I've loved her in Battlestar Galactica and Longmire. I had high hopes for the show but they were quickly dashed by the third episode.

Related image

The absolute worst show I've seen in a long, long time is The I-Land. OMG, where to start? Awful characters, terrible acting, silly plot. It's a complete rip-off of LOST!! I struggled to watch the first episode. I knew I wouldn't continue to watch so I googled for spoilers to see what the show was all about. Completely laughable storyline!

Image result for netflix the i land

Regular Contributor

I liked Golith! Billy Bob Thornton is terrific.

Ozark on Netflix is super!

@denisemb wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

I'm hooked on: "On Becoming a God In Central Florida."  Weird, wild stuff.  The first couple of episodes were especially good.  It's on Showtime.

I've really got to check this out - heard good things and I love weird, wild stuff.

Only one I'm watching is "The Righteous Gemstones" on HBO.

Recently watched some promos of Amazon Prime "Goliath".  Anyone's opinion?

Will add some of these others to my ever-growing list.  I appreciate sharing of your favorites

Regular Contributor

Just started Bloodline on Netflix. I am enjoying it!

My favorite was, Dead To Me, with Christina Applegate.

Honored Contributor

The Great British Baking Show on Netflix. And I Wanna Hear Your Song and Graceful Family and The Tale of Nokdu on Viki Rakuten.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@lmt - I agree about The I-Land - it was so bad. I watched one full episode and maybe half of another and quit. 

Couldn't get through a full episode of The Politician either.

Respected Contributor

My DH and I have watched the first two season of Barry on HBO.  It is dark comedy but really good.  Can't wait for season 3.

Respected Contributor

Thanks (:

Trusted Contributor

The 4400, The 100, Stranger Things, Glitch, The Marvelous Mrrs. Maisel...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just watched “Unbelievable” on Netflix. It’s a seven episode series based on a true story. I liked it. 

Trusted Contributor

Rectify on Netflix. EXCELLENT!