Honored Contributor

Re: What are Men's Expectations when it comes to Dating?

@JBKO

Maintain what is right for you. Expect a gentleman who would care about you/for you to not want you to be uncomfortable.

i don't care how old-fashioned it sounds, go by "The Rules" if what you are seeking is a mate.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I have to pass on this one, been out of this contest for years!!!!!!!!!! and then some.

Respected Contributor

If you meet the right man the point will be moot. YOU won't want to wait!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I'm in my fifties and while not dating, do have friends a little older/little younger than I am that do.

Pay for your own dinner or lunch, etc.  If they are footing the bill, by the second time you go out there is a lot of pressure for sex. Be prepared.  It's worse now than it was in high school.  If that's what you want though - then it's perfect.

Respected Contributor

I think if a man is out of there is they don't get sex by the 3rd date then he was only interested in sex in the 1st place.  On the other hand...if both parties are willing and the time seems/feels right...go for it....key thing is you both need to be ready and not feel pressured by the other.  

Trusted Contributor

@DiscountDiva wrote:
Spoiler

Yikes NoelSeven! Is that how it is? You can't even expect a nice meal without having to put out. Wow.

I completely disagree.  I am in no way obligated to put out if someone chooses to buy me a nice meal.  They chose to do so, so its on them, not me to pay them back.  No way, no how. 

Honored Contributor

@DiscountDiva wrote:

This is meant to be a serious question. I haven't dated much at all. I've been lucky I guess because the males I have encountered have been gentlemen and not pressured me to do anything I don't want before I am ready. Unlucky for me I was not into them.  Honestly, I am old-fashioned and don't want things to escalate to a seksual relationship for well--months. I had a friend who told me he was out if there was no action by the third date. What should I expect nowadays?

I don't know how old you are, but my son who is 31 tells me if he dates a woman and there is no physical interaction at all, then she's just not into you and he moves on.

Honored Contributor

I haven't been in the dating scene for umpteen years.  However, if I were I'd expect the man to be a gentleman and not think only of s*x from minute one or even by the third date.  Personally, I would need to develop a trusting relationship before taking it to the next level.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Men always think about sex, and when they can next have it.

So, yeah, the reality is, if a man buys you dinner, he'll feel as though you owe him, and will put the moves on you. That's a fact.

Respected Contributor

this is the 21st century, not the 1960s.

i would disagree that sex is used as bargaining chip. if he's actually opening up the wallet to pay for dinner, he probably likes the woman more than hook-up material. he may try something. they will push the envelope as far as they can.

first date, or two, he picks up the tab.   then you can play by ear - usually guys will make noises if you pay on first dates, if they like you and enjoy your company,  they don't want to placed in the "friend" dept. but they will expect you to pay as you go along.